Chapter 17

"Michael!" Michael heard is sister yell from the family room when he walked In the house. He rolled his eyes and slowly walked into the room. There sat his sisters, La Toya and Janet , and his mother. Each had expressions on each of their faces. Michael sat down in the chair in front of them. "What?" He asked, trying hard not to have attitude in his voice

"Whats going on with you and Laylah?" Janet always called Aaliyah Laylah, ever since she was little and got fustrated every time she couldn't pernounce her name right.

Michael shook his head. "Nothing."

La Toya shook her head." We know its something, we heard y'all arguing all the way up.stairs."

Michael hated it when his sisters got in his buisness he didn't mind his mother, but his sisters... that made him cringe." We just had an argument its nothing." He said.

Janet let out a little laugh"we know its something because ever since then you've been walking around here with an attitude."

"What happened baby?" Mrs. Jackson

Michael sighed, he wouldn't dare lie to his mother." I told her not to go someplace and she did anyway."

Janet and La Toya started giggling. Mrs. Jackson shot a look at her daughters." Baby you do realize shes a grown woman now, she's almost twenty-six."

"Yeah I know."

"And that shes capable of making her own decisions?"LA Toya asked.

Michael just nodded.

"And that your her boyfriend and not het father?"

Michael rolled his eyes." Don't you think I know that Jan?" He asked."its just that, I cant bare to see anything happen to her. I mean, if she just breaks a nail.I will go crazy about her. Thats how messes up I am about that plane crash. Ive been traumatized ever since."

"We understand that Michael, but no matter how much you try to protect her, she's still gonna end up being hurt on way or another. I mean what you gone do? Force her to live in a bubble for the rest of her life?" Janet said then giggled little, picturing the sight of Aaliyah in huge bubble.

" I know that, but ever since then ive realized that I cant go through a second without her, you know. I was pushing through last week and I'm barely making it through this one."

"What did you say you her?" LA Toya asked.

Michael hesitated at first but then he sighed and told her what had happened in the studio."Michael!" His mother gasped when he finished.

"I didn't mean it that way, mother." He said in defense.

"Yeah Mike, but you know shes still sensitive about her mother's death." Janet said.

"Especially finding out the truth about what really happened her last year."

Michael was about to argue back but his mother held up her hand to stop them before they could start." Look what he said doesn't matter, we all know Aaliyah doesn't hold a grudge over stupid things like this." She said glancing over at her daughters. She then glanced over at Michael and read,he'd over and grabbed his hands." Now Michael, do you love Aaliyah?"

He nodded his head.

"Then I need you to go talk to her-"

"But she doesn't want to talk to me."

"Well go to her apartment, and talk to her. Don't take no for an answer. You two are meant to be together. I knew that you two were just fifteen. I want you go to that apartment and apologize to her. Make her understand, do whatever it is you have do. But when you get back I want you and Aaliyah to be a couple again. Understand?"

Michael smiled and nodded his head then stood up to give.her mother a hug. He then picked up his ,car keys and headed out the door to get his Liyah back.