Chapter 34: The Wedding

When I walked out of the dressing.g room Mother.was.the first one to great me

" You look beautiful, baby."

" Thank you, mother." I said, hugging her.

" So you remember what do right?" She asked.

" Yes ma'am I.do." I said.

" Alright now." She gave me a hug and walked outside. I looked over at my braids maids who was.Janet La Toya Rebbie and Jo Anna the all had on the same red dress that showed off their figures just like mine. I smiled because I actually liked them. It took my place.at.the end of.the line with Anthony. The braids maids up front. Janet was the first one to go out as the music started to play. She.was with Randy. Then it was Late Toya and Marlon then Rebbie and Jackie . After Jo Anna and Tito walked out there and Keisha and Jermain finished the song I began to get nervous again, the bad things that could happen started running through my mind. I held on tighter to Anthony and the bouquet of flowers that was in my free hand.

I took a long breath as the cabin doors opened. In a distance I saw Michael standing on the left side of the preacher. When he looked up at his eyes widened and then a huge smile.stretched across his face. I couldn't help but sing back. The song that was playing as i walked down the isle was I See You In A Different Light. Byy mother. It almost brought tears to my eyes. It was almost like she was there. When I finally reached the alter. Anthony kissed me on my cheek and paced my hand in Michael's I smiled back.at him. " You may be seated." The preacher said.Everyone sat.down." We are here to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony" he said. I looked into Michael eyes I could literally feel all the emotions that was storing up at that moment.If I could have I would've kissed him right.then and there.

The preacher went on by reading a scripture.from the bible and saying prayers. Then it was Tim for the vows." They will speak from their hearts today." He said. Then looked over at me. I blushed a little.

" Michael, you are my best friend, my lover my soul mate, love. And I'm am so blessed to have you in my life. I remember when we were younger and we would play jokes on everyone who made us mad and then laugh about after we had gotten trouble. People would say were gonna end up together but we just denied it now. Years later. Here we areabout to start a new life with each other. Michael I promise to love and cherish you, through sickness and in health, for richer or for pour. And I promise to be there for you know matter what. Until death do us part." I smiled.

" and Michael."

" Gee, where do I start? Liyah your the most wonderful woman I have ever known, each day you surprise by you beauty, you intelligence, and your sense of humor. I cant see myself with anyone mother then with you. You understand me, you take care pf me and comfort me even when I done really need it. I love the way you laugh the way you smile, the look you get in those brown green or gray eyes when you confused.or think something is just utterly stupid. I can go on and on" I giggled along with everyone else out there." Aaliyah, I take you to have and to hold through sickness and health for.richer.or for pour, and to be with you as your husband until death do us part."

" may we have the rings please?" The preacher asked.

Janet handed him the rings.

After placing the rings on our fingers we both looked at The preacher. He said one more prayer for us, asking God.to watch over us and have use to communicate with another through our marriage. " Now there is nothing more to say but; I now producers you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Michael wrapped his arms.aroundy waist and he pressed his soft lips against mine he kissed me passionately. I had tears streaming down my face. We let or lips part and we smiled and gave each other about six or seven more picks before we turned to our guest who was.clapping some was even crying. I looked out in the the.last row smiling really wide and over by a tree, one that I used to play under all the time. I saw here, standing smiling with tears.in her eyes. She clapped and blew me a kiss.' I love you baby girl" she.said then disappeared. She looked so peaceful. It brought more tears to my eyes.