Chapter 25: The Grammys

There is one thing most recording artist such as myself, love them most. The Grammy awards. It's a time where we all get together when awards for our hard work and also perform songs that our fans love the most. I always got excited when it was grammy time, I went all out on my outfits and my performances and everything just to make be the best of my abbility.

I heard a knock on my bathroom door. I had just finished putting the finishing touches on my make up, and my hairstylist had just left from doing my hair. "Yes?" I asked. As i examined my lases checking to see if i needed to apply on anymore. My eyes were green that day. It was friday so that's what I had expected.

"Are you ready, Liyah?"I heard michael say from the door."We're running a little late."

i grabbed my golden clutch that matched the golden dress that i wore, and opened the door. "I'm ready."Michael had on a navy blue glittery millitary jacket. Navy blue slacks and his now famous glove."You look nice,"I said kissing him."But what is up with you and that glove, why do you where it all the time?"

he chuckled."The same reason why you where over sized pants and jackets." He added a smile.

I rolled my eyes."Yeah well, remember to hold my hand with your other one because those sequints can get really irratting at some points."I added a smile and stepped out the bathroom. I realized michael had his super dark shades on. my face fell."Baby you are not gonna wear those things through the whole show are you?"

He nodded."Yes."

"You can't atleast take them off. I mean, people dont want to see you with those glasses on they want to those beautiful eyes of yours." i said

"You know I'm shy Liyah."

"And? I am to, you don't see me wearing dark shades all the time."

"In your performances" he pointed out.

"that's different."

" I tell you who, ill take off my glasses on the sixth Grammy I win." He said smiling at me.

I thought about it for a minute." Okay fine, but-"

" oh God." He said.

" you cant put them back on until the whole show is over." I said smiling back at him.

" Okay fine, but you owe me." He said as he opened the door.

At the grammys Michael.was once again winning awards left and right, after my performance of if your girl only new, Michael had won the next award which was his sixth. And to my surprise he took off his glasses. His face was beat red as he blew kisses to his fans. I laughed along with the audience.

The grammys was grammys went on amazingly. Michael and i won the same amounts of awards. Michael won the album of the year award. He made come up there with him along with Quincy to do the speech. I think the audience loved it. After the award show we took pictures answered questions from interviewers. The asked about the wedding of course and i allowed them to see my ring.they all oooedand awed over it. After all the attention over the attention we were getting. After the attention died down we headed back to the car. We was smiling andand joking when someone called his name, it was a voice all to familr. I turned around to seeTatum O'neal runnyimg towards us.

"What the hell do she want?" I asked.

" Liyah." Michael said tightening his grip around my small waist.

Ignored him.

" Hey, I just wanted to congratulate the two of you, you know because of the Grammy winning." She said smiling back at Michael. Then she glanced over at me, her smile turned fake in an instant." An the engagement."

" Thanks...Tate." Michael.said.

" You know I never would've thought you and Aliyah-"

" Its Aaliyah." I corrected her.

" Aaliyah." She said with an attitude." Would ever be the one you would fall in love with taking it that shes one.of the boys." She said giving me a disgusted look.

I was ft the blood rush down to my cheeks.

" Michael why are her eyes turning brownish red?" She asked.

Michael shook his head and turned me and him around before I could say anything.