Chapter 22

Just like Michael said he was in the hospital for two weeks, He had spent his time visiting other burned Patience that was worse then he was. Pepsi had giving' his the biggest Pepsi endorsement ever in the history of any other, the say it was because they felt so bad about what had happened , but me personally, think they was afraid Michael was going to sew them, which he could have but he was being real nice about it. Real Nice. The accident had made world headlines. At a quick moment the world thought he was dead but then they saw him being pushed to the ambulance on the news and they realized that it wasn't true. I had spent those two weeks in the hospital with him. We talked more then we had ever had before and then we eventually started talking about our future together. He said that he wanted to marry me. I said That I wanted to marry him. Which we both knew we wanted to marry each other we just didn't know when It could happen. The accident just really sidetracked everything.

I was in my room getting dressed when Michael texted me. I looked at the message and it read.

Hey, can you meet at home, it's an emergency

My eyebrow automatically rose as I read the text message. I wondered what he meant by emergency Was it a real one, or just the fact that he wanted me over there. Either way I was going to go. I couldn't say no to Michael if he asked me. Believe I've tried on several occasions.

I got in my car and drove to Hayvenhurst which wasn't far from my apartment. Surprisingly there wasn't a bunch of screaming standing at the gates as usual. There was alot of get well balloons out there though. In a distance I could see Michael sitting on top of his car which was odd because knowing Michael he hated seeing people even touch his car, and he wouldn't allow anyone to sit on it, let alone himself.

I parked my car just about five feet away from his. I got and slamming the door behind me and then I walked up to him as he jumped off his car. His head still had the bandages on it and all he on was a white t-shirt and some jeans. It was a really cold windy day. and I knew he wasn't suppose to be outside, because of his head."Michael what is the big emergency?" I asked.

"I need to ask you something that is very important?"He said with a smile.

I gave him a look."Well can't you do that in the house you know your not suppose to be out here, especially with this wind?"

"Baby, I'll be find."He said then kissing the tip of my nose.

I raised my eyebrow at him."So what is so important?"

"Well," he began. He started to blush a little but he went on." You know that we have been togther for a long time."

"We have."I said.

"And we have been through alot."

"We have."

"Well, I just wanted you to know that, these years have been the most wonderful years I have ever experienced, and I don't want to go on,"He paused as if he was looking for other words to say." I don't want to go on another year...without making you my wife."He finally said.He then got down on one knee and pulled out a black box from his pocket. I gasped. My eyes filling with tears."Aaliyah Dana Haughton, will you marry me."He asked softly. I could tell by the look he had in his eye that he was hoping i would say yes.

I immediately started jumping up and down."YES YES YES!!!!!!!!"I squealed highly enthusiastically as he pushed the diamond ring up mu ring finger. I then pulled him up and hugged him tightly. His family then started running out there giving us hugs and saying congratulations. I swear  I didn't even see them. Tito had his video camera and was filming the whole thing he came up to us."So when's the wedding?"He asked. smiling.

Michael and I just laughed.

"See, what I tell ya?"He asked pointing the camera to his face."I told you she'll say yes." He turned the camera back towards us."Welcome to the fam sis. Not that you weren't already apart of it."

i shook my head then Janet came towards."Laylah!!! Congrats!!!!! I have been waiting for this moment for years now."She said giving me a hug."Now let me see the ring, Because Applehead over here wouldn't let us see it."

Michael laughed a little I held out my hand. The ring was a ten carat diamond ring with little diamonds going around the band. The diamond seemed to glisten in the sunlight."Look it has our entials engraved on the back. He said. He turned my hand to the palm and sure enough it had an A+M=<3 on the back. I smiled when I saw it.

"It's beautiful! Applehead you have such good taste for someone who doesn't wear jewlary."Janet said.

Michael blushed again"Thanks, dunk."

"Okay can we all go and celebrate in the house. It's could out here!"Jermain said. He was there with his wife Hazel.

Michael and I followed everyone in. His mother waited for me at the door.She held out her arms and I walked in to them to let her give a one of her big bear hugs."Congrats Honey."She said with an heart warming smile

"Thanks Katy."

She shook her head."I don't want you calling me Katy anymore. From now on I'm mother to you, understand?"

I smiled back at her."I understand, Mother."I hadn't called anyone mother in so long that the words felt so weird coming out of my mouth.

"There you go."She then hugged me again.She then looked at her son and smiled."You take good care of her now."

"Yes mother."He said.

"Now who's ready to eat?"She asked. As soon as she said that my stomach started to growl. She made My favorite. Lasagna and salad and a little something special for Michael because he was a vegetarian. We all sat at the table. Reminiscing about old times. Some made us laugh, some made Michael and  I both blush so hard that we was redder then the shirt he on. Others made us cry. And after that Michael took me to my car in the cold winterious night. He smiled at me."I'm glad you said yes."He said.

i smiled."Why wouldn't I?"I asked as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

He then kissed me passionately. It made my knees go so weak that I almost lost my own balance. He caught me before I could."Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good."I sad then I kissed him again. His lyrics of his song came to my mind.

...one warm kiss in this could night air...

That made me smile.

"Hey you remember the grammy's are next week, right?"

I nodded."Yes I'm performing."

He nodded.He kissed me again then opened the car door for me."Go home and get some rest for me okay."he said.

"I should be telling you that."i said as I reached behind him touching his bandages.

"I'll be fine."He said."I don't want you to worry about me."

"You know I will, Regardless."I said.

"Well how about you call me when you get back to the apartment do that all nighter thing that we used to do."He said with a smile.

"You think you'll be ab;e to make it this time?"I asked. Getting into my car

"i can manage." he said, closing the door behind me. He leaned down and kissed my lips then looked me in my eyes."I love you."

"I love you more."

He smiled then kissed me again."See ya later soon to be Mrs. Aaliyah Dana Jackson. "

I laughed."See you later love."