Chapter 34- Please Don't Leave Me Here

Melrose’s P.O.V

 I stared at my brothers still body. Without his chest rising steadily, you wouldn’t know he was alive. He made no sound as he slept or no obvious movement.

I was worried about him recently. He wasn’t really telling me whether he was O.K or not. I wished that sometimes he would talk about his problems. I suppose it was a pride thing.

Nevertheless, it annoyed me too no end.

He had to stop is physiotherapy, as he is too weak to do any exercise. I think that had hurt him a lot. It proved that he wasn’t getting better as quickly as he hoped.

I know all he wants to do is get back into training. But there was no way he would be doing that before the end of this year.

Beau had taken a while to get his head around that.

First, he had been silent, then as Maureen left, he ended up bawling his eyes out. I had never seen Beau, at such a low point. Ever.

A small droplet of sweat trickled down Beau’s wan skin. I reached out and placed my hand on his forehead. He was seriously burning up.

He started mumbling incoherently in his sleep. His body was limp on the bed and his breathing was steadily becoming laboured.

I tried shaking Beau, in order to wake him up. But he didn’t respond. Worried, I left the room in a hurry and frantically searched for Maureen.

I ran in each room but not finding Maureen. My heart was beating erratically. It thumped madly against my rib cage. I couldn’t stop the instinct that was taking over.

Say your last words Melrose.

Those words kept chanting over in my head. No. Beau wasn’t going to die. I had to keep positive. If I didn’t then it would just hurt more.

I stopped in my tracks as hands halted my shoulder. I snapped my head up to meet, who was there. “Honey, why are you in such a rush?” Maureen asked, with a smile on her face.

“B…beau…I-I…don’t know what’s wrong with…him.” I managed to stutter out.

Maureen didn’t hesitate in running back towards his room. She went straight for his vitals. Hearing her gasp, I asked her “What’s wrong?”

Maureen didn’t answer but pressed the emergency button on Beau’s bedside table. I stood frozen in the middle of the room as the many doctors and nurses flooded the room.

Beau’s body was being examined all over. I felt totally helpless in the room. There was nothing I could do. All I could do was stand and watch the doctor’s work.

“We’re going to need you to leave the room, for a minute Rose.”

I nodded but couldn’t seem to move my legs. All the doctors had ceased movement and were staring at me. I made eye contact with each and every one.

Eventually, I brought myself to move. As I shut the door behind me, I could hear the doctors moving frantically once again.

I whipped my cell phone out my purse and dialled Noel. He picked up within two rings. “Rose what’s wrong?”

I froze. My mouth couldn’t form the words. It felt dry. “Rose…?”

“Beau….” I uttered out.

Silence greeted me at the other end. I waited five more seconds before I heard a response. “I’ll be there as soon I can.” Then I was met with the phone tone.