Chapter 4- Accidents and Bad Dreams

Beau’s P.O.V

A cool breeze circulated around the room, waking me up. I heard light snoring in my ears. Who was that? Marie wasn’t around. I opened my eyes groggily and tried sitting up; but I was held down by something.

My vision had cleared and I saw who was next to me.“Noel!” I yelled. He shot up and bolted to the other side of the room.

I stretched my neck and proceeded to stand up. “What the hell man?” he looked stunned and he shook his head.

“I don’t know.”

Rose, she must have pushed us together as revenge. A scowl crossed my face as I stormed upstairs “Melrose,” I shouted, purposely using her whole name to annoy her. “Melrose.” I heard her lock on her door unlock and a very confused Rose stood at the door.

“Yes Beau?” she asked with sleep still etched in her words.

“You,” I accused “you pushed me and Noel together, so w-.” she cut me off, with a grin crossing her face.

“As much as you two looked cute together, no I didn’t push you two together. The film finished and I found you like that.” I stood there, I was shocked. “But I did take a photo.” her smile now bigger than before.

I glared at her and then said “How could you! Delete it now!" I demanded but before I could say anything else. The door was flung in my face and locked.

I trudged downstairs to find Noel on his cell phone. When he saw me he came over “look at this,” he pointed at his cell phone “there’s a picture of us on Facebook asleep together.” I narrowed my eyes on the person’s profile, but it wasn’t Rose but Brianna’s.

Great. Now people are going to get the wrong idea; Marie being one of them.

She had accused me before. Last time she hasn’t met Rose but she caught us when I was hugging Rose and she came over to scream and shout. I ended up with her hand being flung across my cheek.

I wasn’t in the mood for her accusing and generally be bitchy towards Noel and I.

“Melrose, get down here,” I shouted to her. A couple of minutes passed and then Rose was standing at the bottom of the stairs.

“What do you want?” she asked, her blue eyes glancing my way. I showed her the picture on Facebook and her face dropped. “That’s not my profile.” she told.

“I know Rose, but how come Brianna’s got the photo in the first place.” she dropped her eye level but never said a word. Instead of begging her I just picked her up and walked outside to the garden. It was a lot warmer out here than inside our house.

“Beau, its eight in the morning let me go!” she yelled, I didn’t listen there’s only one way Rose will tell me, by threating her over our pool.

She was dangling over the pool and I had the smallest grip on her back. She was flailing her arms and kicking her legs but it wasn’t anything she hadn’t done before. She knows the score and if she keeps on trying to escape she will but land in the pool.

“Tell and I’ll put you down.” she stopped flailing and I gently put her down but kept a grip on her shoulders. Otherwise she would run off, she had done that many times.

“I sent it to Brianna, she must have put it on Facebook.” she said, well at least I knew how Brianna got it. Rose gave an apologetic smile as we walked back into the house.

 My cell phone buzzed on my bedside table. I unlocked my phone and read the text

Marie- u free today? Wanna come over?

Me- okay I will b round, got 2 drop Rose round at her friends

Marie- love u

I didn’t reply because something told me Marie was guilty of something, she only invited me round if she had ‘accidently’ brought home one of my football members to her house. She had cheated on me several times but I loved her so I took her back. Marie had this way of making you feel guilty even though you didn’t do anything.

 ~

“Love you, see you later.” Rose said while getting out of the car.

“You too,” I replied, I made sure she had made it into Cc’s house before driving off.

Marie’s house wasn’t far from here and wouldn’t take me long. Though she will probably be annoyed as I was later than she wanted-Rose took forever.

The traffic light was green and I was going a healthy speed across the junction. I glanced up at the traffic light momentarily so make sure it was still green, when I fixed my eyes back on the road a single car crossed the junction in my path.

I slammed on the brakes, which sent my head flying forwards and a jolt of pain went down my neck. I lost grip of the wheel when my head was then flung backwards and hit the head rest at a great speed.  

I sat there for a few seconds, catching my breath and then everything went black.

My parents were standing in a grave yard staring down into a coffin. My mom was in tears and my dad standing there holding her, whispering in her ear. On the side of my dad was Rose also equally in tears while Noel was hugging her from behind.

I walked behind them but they couldn’t see or hear me. I tried to push through the mass off bodies but I couldn’t. I had no idea, as to who was in that coffin.

The coffin lid was closed and lowered carefully into the ground. Then everyone walked away like nothing happened. My parents and Rose dried their eyes and went home. My last thought was ‘who the hell was it?’

 ~

I awoke to the sound of paramedics talking to each other while tending to me. I had a small IV drip in my left arm; in which they were administering pain relief into. I shook my head to get rid of the weird dream I had just had. Most probably a side effect of the pain relief. Hallucinations.

I then looked around fully and realised where I was. I was in the back of an ambulance.

“Hello sir, you took quite a knock back there.” I nodded, I gathered I had a bad knock otherwise I wouldn’t be here. “Sorry, what is your name?”

“Beau,” I stated dryly “What actually happened?” I asked perplexed. I couldn’t really remember what happened; just that I slammed my brakes on, for what I didn’t know.

He gave a warming smile and explained “Well you were driving across the junction and someone drove out in front of you and you hit your brakes but you gave yourself concussion.”

The only thing I could think of was… “Is my car O.K?” the ambulance man gave a light chuckle, making the lines on his forehead visible.

“Yes its fine just a few scratches nothing major.” I sighed, it had costed my parents a bomb and I wasn’t going to tell them I had smashed it up. “We’ve called your next of kin’s and they didn’t answer so we called your sister” he told.

I bet I had Rose worried because if it was the other way around, I would worry too.

Authors notes...

Poor Beau, but he will be okay. Dont forgot to vote and comment :}

Cc on the side >>>

B x

Hunter or Huntedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें