Chapter 7- Awkward Conversations

Melrose's P.O.V

Beau was in a bad mood.

When he came home, he just stomped upstairs; not answering any of my questions.

“Beau!” I yelled. I was standing outside his door, knocking on it profusely. “Open the damn door!” I carried on. I had a slight inkling he wasn’t going to answer (Sarcasm intended).

“Ugh! Be like that then!” I tried, before walking downstairs.

 ~

As I walked through the school doors everyone’s heads followed me. Why? I had no idea. I gave them all smile as I carried through the hallway but no-one returned it.  I had a feeling something was seriously wrong when Mel Good- the school sweetheart, didn’t smile back.

I finally reached my locker when I felt an unfamiliar presence behind me. I slowly turned my head around to see Marie standing in front of me. Her lips were pursed and eyes narrowed. Oh great she was pissed.

“Uh- hey Marie,” I stuttered awkwardly.

When she didn’t move I thought she got the wrong person. “Selfish whore!” she shrieked; arms flailing. What was she on about?

“Huh? What did-.”

“Can it Distell!” she bit back angrily. “You know what you did. You stupid fucking whore!”

I stood there not moving, afraid that if I did I would be chewed up and spat out. A large crowd had gathered around us in a sort of semicircle. I was well and truly trapped; with my back against the lockers.

“I really don’t know-.” I tried again, only to fail and be slapped on the cheek. I grabbed my throbbing cheek and pushed my hair out of my face. Marie had a smirk plastered on her face.

“Why play innocent? You know what you did.” she turned herself to the crowd around us and continued to speak. “This whore here.” She jerked her thumb at me from in front of me “Got her twin to break up with me. So she could have her little ‘play’ twin back.”

Was that all this is about? “How am I a whore?” I exclaimed before she could interrupt.

“Don’t think I haven’t seen you staring at Juno in class. Or ogling at him when he playing his match”. And with that, something flipped a switch inside my head.

I jumped forward to her and grabbed her around her waist and yanked her to the floor. We both fell with me underneath. The crowd started to cheer as she ended up straddling me. “I’m only protecting Beau from conniving whores like you.” I said as I caught hold of her ‘designer’ top and pushed her to the floor.

“Hey! Don’t go ripping that it’s too much for you!” she barked. I tried to punch her; but before I could complete the action my arm was returned to my side, and my body was hauled up from the floor.

I dusted myself off, and then turned around to see the person who lifted me from the floor. “Juno?” he smiled before doing the same to Marie. She scowled at me once more before Juno started to speak.

“What the hell do you think you were doing?” I started to answer thinking he was talking to me. But he held a finger to silence me.

“Teaching her a lesson.” Marie replied. I rolled my eyes and snorted.

“That was for…?” I never thought Juno could be so formal in a situation like this.

“Making Beau break up for me!” she said, with a hoarse voice. She was trying the upset, innocent little girl. Not going to work!