Chapter 32- Explain Please

Beau’s P.O.V

 I glared at Juno as he squirmed under my gaze. Juno had never seemed too worried about the looks I sent him before. Perhaps that was because we were never friends before, whom he never realised but it still didn’t make sense.

I mean, we weren’t best buddies but we are better than we used to be. I honestly think that most of my other teammates had started treated Juno with respect now.

“Are you going to stand there all day?” I asked, getting frustrated.

I was tired as hell and for once in about a week, my muscles were hurting me again. Recently I had been drugged up so much; I couldn’t feel any pain whatsoever.

Juno cleared his throat, “Well my mom died at my birth…”

~

Half an hour late, he explained that his dad had left him. Moreover, he was living with his uncle and sort of adopted brother/cousin. However, it didn’t make things any clearer.

What did his dad leaving have to do with my car crash?

The brooding look on Juno’s face just proved that the result wouldn’t be positive. I looked at him seriously, “Make sure everything your saying is relevant. I’m tired.” I said in a warning tone.

Letting out a sigh, Juno continued to explain again. “Basically my dad left because he was in a drug cartel.” Juno stated. 

I sat stiffly, not knowing what he was getting at. What was a cartel anyway? “Explain please.”

He was hesitant. I could tell just from the look on his face that he was worried about telling me. “Spit it out.” I said irritably.

I could feel the earlier annoyance rising in my body once again. If he didn’t say it soon, I would personally jump out of his bed and tackle him.

“He was lacking funds and to get money he had to join a drug cartel-.”

“What’s a drug cartel?” I asked, cutting Juno off.

“A drug cartel is a criminal organization developed with the primary purpose of promoting and controlling drug trafficking operations.”

“Wow.”

“Google,”

 I nodded in understanding. It sounded way too technical to be Juno’s words. I had, had a sneaking suspicion he had got that definition of Google anyway. I wasn’t really amazed by the words he had said but the fact his dad was in one.

Juno seemed like a normal person, yet his dad was in a drug cartel/ ring- same thing.

“Anyway, he was involved with a guy called Hunter,-who was the leader. My dad wanted to leave one day and he wouldn’t have any of it. So my dad ran away to keep me safe- that’s why I live with my uncle- Hunter made me watch him…” Juno cut himself off.

He was playing the cuff of his sleeve as he stood facing me. There really was more to Juno then he let on. So his mom died, dad ran away and then died and he is stuck with uncle.

I suddenly felt awful. With all the trouble, my football friends and I had been giving him. No wonder why he didn’t fight back he had, had worst trouble in his life before- we were just a fly, compared to his other problems.

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

Juno didn’t respond but he flashed a smile. “Should I finish?” I motioned for him to continue. “I found out that Hunter had found me years ago and wanted to get revenge on me. He found out I was friends with Rose and I guess he then targeted you. He was the one who smashed into your car.”