Traitor (Chapter 18)

Casey's POV

"I swear to God Carl Grimes!" I groaned picking up Judith off the ground. "If you don't stop hitting that ball against the wall I will throw it out the window."

"Me or the ball?" He asked as I rounded the corner into his room.

I giggled and swiped his hair from his eye patch. He cringed and moved back a little. Ever since he lost his eye he's been insecure about it. He doesn't even let me touch it when I'm not changing the bandage. What does he think I'll do... lick his eye socket or something?

"Do you have any toothpaste?" Michonne came around the corner in a bath robe.

"I'm all out." Carl shrugged.

"So is Rick, Casey?" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"There maybe a little left to squeeze out." She gave me a smile and then kissed Judith's head before walking towards my bathroom.

"Casey!" Rick called out from the room over. I popped my head into the doorway.

"You called?" I asked.

"You still up for the run today? Daryl has the lists."

"You know it!" He took Judith from my arms and kissed her head. "What time?"

"Meet us at the gate in an hour."

"Got it. Carl let's go." I called out to him.

"Where are you two going?" Rick asked raising his eyebrows as Carl turned the corner.

"We're playing video games with Jared and Enid." I replied. "Kid stuff." Rick smiled.

"One hour."

"One hour." I replied smiling.

I took Carl's hand and we headed over towards our hangout house. Was it messed up we were using Ron's old room as a hangout area? Yes. Was it wrong when he shot out Carl's eye? Hell yes. We never say anything about it.

"Casey you win every time." Jared rolled his eyes when I asked to play against him.

I giggled taking the controller from Carl's hands. Carl was laying against the end of the bed and I was in front of him leaning against his chest. Enid sat at the desk drawing something from a comic book.

"We haven't been out beyond the walls in a while." Enid mentioned.

"Probably not a good idea." Jared replied.

"Especially with no one knowing." I added, Carl stayed quiet.

I knew he loved to go out beyond the walls. He always talked about how trapped he felt inside this barricade. On Sundays when it's my turn to check around the perimeter I take Carl with me.

"Tag!" He smiled tapping my shoulder. This was last Sunday when we were out there.

"You better start running." I smiled, his smile grew as he took off.

I waited a few seconds before taking off after him. I glanced around for any danger while he disappeared behind the trees. The sun was going down and it would be dark soon. I caught a glimpse of his hat and hid behind a tree. A few moments later he came out peaking to see where I went. I jumped out and tackled him to the ground smiling.

"Tag, you're it!" I got up and started running. I knew he was out of breath so I slowed down.

He chased me and he wouldn't stop. "Tag you're it!" He panting heavily.

"I'll chase you back home, deal." I put my hand out. He took it.

"Deal."

"I don't know," Enid sighed. "It was just a thought."