The Red Mask

💀It totally did not take me a month to upload🙄. I have been absolutely dying to write more fanfiction so here is a new chapter. It's a bit short, but I hope you all enjoy it!💀

"Ooo spooky." Sombra teased waving her fingers. "Can I call you Gabe?"
"Absolutely not."
A quiet alarm sounded. Gabriel lifted his arm to read the holowatch and pulled up a bright green holoscreen from it.
"Looks like we have our first mission." He said.
"Looks like Katya Volkskaya has begun reconstructing new weapons to use against the omnics. Mission is to disable the delivery plant. It's too early to take down the factory."
Gabriel zoomed in to the map of the delivery site. In order to completely shut down the power there are 4 switches at every corner that need to be pulled. That will deactivate the power. We will have 5 minutes to break into the control room and deactivate the reboot system. Each of us will be in charge of one lever. Sombra you'll break into the control room and deactivate the reboot. Keep in mind once the levers are pulled it will be completely dark. Everyone must get back to the rendezvous point and escape before reinforcements show up. Does everyone understand the mission?" Gabe asked.
We all nodded.
I looked down at my own watch. I was in charge of the west side lever in between Sombra and Gabe's.
"Everyone to the ship."
We all got on to a Talon ship and took off to Russia. From out the window I could see the delivery building covered in snow. We landed half a mile from it and began hiking through the snow. We got up to the matte grey wall of the building. A locked exit door sat in the wall. Sombra trilled her fingers through the wires of the keypad and was able to unlock the door. I followed through behind Gabe with my guns activated above my fists. The walls were narrow. We all split up heading for our assigned levers. I pulled up my map navigating through hallways until I turned a corner to see a Russian guard with his back turned to me. I quickly ducked behind a wall and peered over my shoulder. The guard was by himself. I ducked back behind the wall. Damn it. He was in my way, but I  couldn't draw attention to myself. I looked down at my gun formed from my mecanical hands and looked back at the guard. I wonder. I thought hard about what I wanted to do and took a shot. The guard fell to the floor quietly. The shot was silenced. I smiled and continued forward. I could silence my guns! I continued running quietly through the halls. From around my last corner I heard two men talking. I looked down and saw the lever sitting in a glass case behind them. They laughed at one another and spoke loudly. Shit. I can't shoot them both. I'll make too much noise. I pointed a silencer. One of the men fell to the ground. The other man gasped quickly looking around to see where the shot came from.
"Who's there?!" He exclaimed. He eventually walked towards me as I sat behind the wall. As soon ss I could see him I balled up my fist and punched him strait in the nose. He grunted quickly falling to the ground. I ran over and opened the case staring at the silver lever. I touched my com button on my ear.
"I'm at the west side lever."
"Hold your position. The levers all have to be pulled at once."
"Copy."
I turned and watched the hallways that ran all the way up to me to make sure there wasn't any more guards. Soon everyone made it to their levers. Gabe began the count.
"1."
I put my hand to the lever."
"2."
I held ut tightly.
"3."
I pulled it down hard and the lights went out. The ventilation, everything was shut off. I turned on the night vision on my head set and made my way to the exit. I walked slowly down the halls trying not to bump into anything. All I could here were my footsteps. All of a sudden my night vision began to flicker on and off making the room around me dark. Then it shut off. I was walking blind. I put my arms in front of me trying to reach for a wall, but it just seemed like a never ending room. Just then I could see a faint red glowing light. I turned to its sorce. A bright red moving mask was staring back. I heard another pair of footsteps and the mask coming right towards me. I tried to run, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Loud breaths came from the mask and then dimmed to darkness. I looked all around me trying to see where the mask had gone, but it was pitch black. Just then my night vision flashed back on. I quickly looked around me, but the hallway was clear. I ran for the exit hoping to never se that red mask again.
"I'm on my way to the control room." Sombra said over the coms.
I found the door we came through. Widowmaker and Gabriel were holding it open, waiting. I ran through and Gabriel let it shut. We all sat in the snow and waited for Sombra. Gabriel was counting time on his watch anxiously waiting. 3 minutes had passed. Soon the power would turn back on ans Sombra would be trapped.
"Hurry Sombra!" Gabriel exclaimed.
"I'm working on it!"
Another minute passed. No word from Sombra.
"Sombra have you deactivated the reboot?!" Gabriel asked.
No answer. He looked up at the door. It didn't move.
"Sombra?"
...
"Reboot deactivated." We finally heard her say.
We all sighed in relief. Soon she ran out the door.
"Good work, let's head out."