Tear Down A Wall

Pain shot through my body as I slammed into the mat. My nose was broken. Jack gasped and took a step back staring wide eyed.
"What the hell are you doing?!" He exclaimed.
Gabriel reached down to help me up. I grabbed my nose. I could hardly breathe through it, but I stood strong.
"I'm fine Reyes. Step back."
Gabriel stared at me worriedly, but stepped away. I stared sternly at Jack.
"Time for a rematch Jack." I said putting my guard up. "I challenge you.
"I'm not fighting you Y/N! I'm fighting Reyes!"
"You guys are arguing about me! You hate me anyways Jack. Why not try to land a few hits?"
He shook his head and put his guard up.
"I'm not gonna miss this time!"
"We'll see about that. Don't hold back."
I saw his eyes widen for a second. Something wasn't right. If Jack really does care about me, he won't try and hit too hard. Is it possible he held back during our first match? It didn't matter anymore. My arm was being grabbed. I looked over my shoulder at Gabriel.
"I'm not letting you do this Y/N." He said.
I stopped and stared at him for a while and smiled. I wrapped my hands around him in embrace and whispered into his ear.
"I know you won't Gabe, that's why I'm really sorry about this."
He gasped. I plowed my fist into his stomach. He groaned loudly and slowly passed out. I layed his body on a nearby mat and walked back over to Jack. I held up my guard.
"I'm ready." I said.
Jack nodded back. I didn't hesitate. I threw the first punch, but all of a sudden he grabbed my wrist and tried to swing me to the mat when I broke his grip and threw a punch to the back of his shoulder. He groaned in pain and swept around aiming for my head when I dipped under it to punch him in the chin.
"You're getting slow old man."
But then I felt a hard force knock into my cheek. I rolled back to feel the damage and noticed that he hit me with his elbow. He stopped for a second, but I continued my attacks.
"No stopping Morrison!"
I quickly slid around him and grabbed his neck from behind and pulled him with me to the ground.
"Tap out!" I yelled.
Jack gasped for air trying to pull my hands away. I didn't let go. The agebts around us were clapping and cheering.
"Tap out damn it!"
"N-nev-er!"
All of a sudden Jack's hands felt strong against my arm. He firmly grabbed it. Pain shot up my arm. He slowly pulled my arm away. The pressure of his hand got too tight and I could hear something snap. I gapsed feeling pain through my entire arm. My fingers quivered and I let out a scream. Jack escaped, but I didn't care. I sobbed and drooled into the mat. The only thing I could feel in my arm was pure pain, like it was being stepped on my an elephant. The crow around us became slilent. Jack stepped back gasping for air. His eyes opened wider than I've ever seen before. I could hardly breathe. McCree ran into the room and stooped down beside me. He broke my arm like it was a toothpick. McCree held me in his arms. His lips were moving, but I couldn't hear. The room went black.

I woke up to my head throbbing. I still could hardly breathe from my nose. I lifted my hand to feel a bandage over it and ripped it off. I tried to sit up a bit, but felt a hand on my shoulder that brought me back to the bed. I opened my eyes to see that it was Jesse. My arm was in a cast.
"Hey, easy now. Angie said you gotta rest."
"How long have I been out?" I asked.
"Couple hours?"
"Damn."
Jesse reached to the counter for a cup of water and handed it to me. I took small sips of the liquid before looking past McCree to see Jack with his arms crossed leaning against the wall. His visor was on. Typical. He hates showing emotion.
"Did you want something Jack? Or did you mean to break my other arm?"
He shook his head and sighed.
"I'm here to apologize."
McCree's face grew angry and he turned to face Jack.
"You stay the hell away from her Morrison. You've done enough damage."
Jack stood from the wall.
"I just want to talk."
"There will me no talkin from you!"
I put my hand out.
"Jesse. It's ok. Please, we need a minute alone."
"You wanna be alone with this guy?! He broke your arm!"
My head throbbing feom the noise. I grabbed at it and winced in pain. McCree sighed.
"Five minites."
"Ten minutes."
"Fine." Jesse agreed and walked out the door.
I sighed staring down at the bed sheets. Jack walked up to the bed and leaned against it.
"You ok?"
"You mean besides having a broken arm and a headache?"
Jack shook his head getting annoyed.
"I'm serious. Are you ok?"
I stared kind of shocked.
"Um, yeah I'm fine."
Jack sighed in relief.
"Jack?"
He turned with a thoughtful "hm?".
"Why did you hold back our first match?"
He was silent for a long time staring thoughtfully at the floor.
"I was afraid of killing you. I'm too strong for you to be fighting." Jack explained.
I looked away.
"Why did you challenge me?"
"I'm the Commander of Overwatch. I felt like I needed to prove something in that moment. I wanted to prove that I have authority."
I sat up more looking at Jack.
"Commander, you have no idea how much I'd like to respect you. It's hard to do that when your Commander holds a grudge."
He turned his head to look at my sorrow filled eyes, but looked away almost immediately.
"I'm sorry Y/N."
I chuckled.
"Wait, what did you say?!"
"I shouldn't have to repeat myself."
I gave a small salute.
"Copy that Commander."
Just his small apology was enough to bring a smile to my face. Jack hopped onto the bed letting his feet hang off the side.
"Y/N I really want to be a better Commander to you. It's taken me a while to see that I've been the one to cause a feud. I'd like this wall between us to be taken down."
"Jack what are you asking."
"As a Commander, it's my duty to understand and learn about my cadets. I want to get to know you more Y/N."
"Really?"
It was hard to tell through a mask, but the softness if his forehead showed that he was smiling.
"Well, I guess I'd like to get to know you more too. That includes how you feel."
"What?" Jack gasped.
My curious hand reached forward and gently touched the side of his visor.
"Will you take this off?"