A Two Week Wait

☠There is a scene in this chapter that is a flashback to another book that I did, but I think the scene is really hawt, so I'm writing it again! Enjoy!~Maddy☠

It was time to head back to the Overwatch headquarters. Jack and I would have a mission tonight. It was a short one. We had to do a check up on one of the Overwatch warehouses. I finished unpacking and found Jack in the garage waiting for me. I made sure we had our tools in the back and hopped into the car. We drove to a remote area located in ■■■■■■■. From the outside everything seemed normal. We went in and  immediately saw the equipment on the wall that ran the warehouse. A small area of it acted like a factory, making more and more boxes when needed. Jack pulled out a holotablet and began checking things off the list. I made sure the hydraulics were functioning properly and Jack made sure the rest of the place was up to code as far as electricity and fluid. I walked over while he was checking the tanks.
"So, want to get some coffee tomorrow?"
He took a sharp breath.
"I-I can't do it tomorrow."
"Oh, how about Friday?" I asked.
"Um, no. I'm busy that day too."
"How about next week."
He shook his head and stared somberly down at the floor.
"I'm busy."
"Jack? What is it?"
I walked up and he looked at me with a sadden face.
"I'm going on a mission with Reyes and Amari tonight. We.....won't be back for two weeks."
I gasped staring at Jack wide eyed. My hands shook.
"Two weeks?!"
He gave a small nod.
"I didn't want to tell you, because I knew you would be surprised." Jack explained.
I nodded trying to be understanding and accepting.
"Well, we will be here when you return Commander Morrison." I faked a smile.
He gave a gentle smile back. Two weeks? Could I go that long? At least McCree would be here to keep me company. That afternoon I ran to the garage to say goodbye. I hugged Ana Gabe and Jack before they took a Jet to God knows where. Right before they left Jack looked down at me and started taking off his jacket. He held it out to me.
"What are you doing?"
"Take care of it while I'm gone Y/N."
I looked down and grabbed the jacket. I ran my thumb over the bright red numbers on the back. I looked up and nodded he smiled back. I heard Gabriel yelling from the Jet behind us.
"Let's go Morrison!"
He waved behind him and looked back at me one more time. He gave a soft smile.
"I'll be back before you know it." He said running up to the jet. I smiled at him as the door closed and the jet took off. I waved a bit before heading back inside. The first few days I wanted to die of boredom. McCree knocked on my door and invited me out to coffee every morning. It just became consistent. I loved listening to Jesse's crazy stories from when he was a leading member of the deadlock gang. So much action and adventure in his words to distract my mind from how I actually felt. I thought I would go crazy while Jack was away, but McCree helped me keep my sanity. We would wander the base and occasionally find trouble and it was on the last few days that he finally broke the ice.
"You've been wearing his jacket every day. What's that about Y/N?"
I sighed and shrugged off his question. He stopped walking and held my shoulder so I'd face him.
"You miss commander Morrison don'tcha?"
I held back tears and nodded looking solemnly at the ground.
"Well, it won't be long now. They should be back tomorrow night." McCree wrapped his arms around me as I quietly sobbed into his chest. I skipped dinner that night and McCree helped me to my room and went to bed for the night. The base was silent, but I was restless. I put Jack's jacket back on and wandered the base barefoot. My feet felt cold against the tile floor. I never took the time to notice the little details throughout the base. There were gorgeous plants in nearly every corner. Someone had obviously came by to clean the windows. I walked past the gym. I looked through the windows. All of the mats were put away to be used tomorrow and nothing looked out of place. I sighed and started walking down the hall when I heard a strange noise. All of a sudden my body was shoved to the wall. I felt a familiar grip on my wrists. I shook my head from the collision and looked up at my opponent. A very worn out, beaten Jack looked back, but his emotions were different. He smiled mischievously down at me.
"It's passed curfew." He said in his deep raspy voice.
I grunted, getting out of his grip. He pinned me again and I stared up at him seriously.
"I couldn't sleep, Commander."
He stared lower.
"You took care of my jacket."
"You asked me to and I try my best to listen to orders." I said smiling.
His warm breath got close to my ear.
"You might sleep better in my bed?" He said softly.
His seductive words gave me the chills.
"And now that I'm back....I think I'm gonna take that jacket off of you."
He could tell I was only wearing a sports bra underneath his jacket. I grinned into his neck and followed him to his room.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

☠Lol sorry I'm cutting it short. Expect smutty stuff in the next chapter!!!~Maddy☠