Top Secret

I've been an agent for nearly two years now. It's been fun saving the world. I can go at my own pace. I don't have to worry as much, but it's still difficult. I've had the same Commander ever since I started. He's a real asshole. Commander Jack Morrison. I have asked his buddy Gabriel Reyes, the commander of Blackwatch, if there is some reason Jack doesn't like me. Gabriel has even said that Jack doesn't ever talk about me, other than to gossip about how awful I am, he has never said why. I've tolerated it for almost two years now, but I think it's time to give up on that and stand up for myself. There has to be a reason Jack picks on me, and I'm going to find out what it is. The next morning I headed down to the debriefing room to get my next mission. Most of the agents were already inside congregating with one another. The Blackwatch agents were there too. These past two years I was able to make a friend with someone that I would barely even see anyways. I saw him from across the roomeaning in a chair with his feet crossed over the desk. He turned and smiled mischievously at me. I walked up putting a hand to one hip and staring awkwardly.
"When are ya gonna stop being the last one to show up to these meetings, Y/N?" McCree asked.
I huffed and playfully slapped his shoulder. I took a seat next to McCree. The front of the room had a door that swung open and in walked Jack fucking Morrison. This old ass man looked like a burnout in his dumbass Letterman's jacket. His deep raspy voice quieted the room down. Everyone took a seat. Morrison slowly read assignments off a holo screen and sent people out. The room slowly emptied until it was just McCree and I sitting in the room. When everyone else had left Jack glared to the back of the room. I turned to see Gabriel standing in front of the door. He locked it and looked back up at Jack. I turned back around to face Jack who walked up to the desk McCree and I sat at.
"We are teaming up with Blackwatch for the day. It's a top secret extraction mission. An old Talon base is holding a stolen hard drive. The four of us are going to retreave it." Jack explained.
He stared at me and leaned against the desk in front of me. His eyes staring right into my face.
"So let's not try to screw anything up, ok Y/N?"
I frowned at him and gave a sarcastic salute. McCree threw his hands in the air cheerfully.
"Yeah! Team up time!"
"Mijo! It's top secret!" Gabriel exclaimed. "Keep it down!"
"Yeah yeah. When do we leave commander?" McCree asked.
"Weels up in 10." Jack said.
I headed to the armory to pick up my gun. I unlocked the crate and took my rifle from the wall. I loved this gun so much! It was actually a birthday present from McCree. I suited up and headed to the hangar. I could see Jack getting the jet ready from the top. Gaveiel powered it on from inside. Staring up at Jack I shouted up at him.
"Try not to break your back, old man!"
He jumped from the jet and rolled across the floor.
"If it was my decision, you would have stopped being an Overwatch agent a long time ago. Now get in the damn jet, shorty."
I frowned up at his dumb face. That tightass shirt has got to be cutting off the blood circulation to his brain. McCree followed behind me onto the jet. Jack hopped on too and we headed out. Just above the abandoned Talon base Jack told us to be ready. He put his visor on and I wrapped my scarf around my face. Gabriel told us that he was about to open the door. Jack walked by me with his gun in hand and hit my shoulder.
"Try not to get in the way Y/N. We can't afford any more of your screw ups."
I gritted my teeth angrily. I thought back to every mission I'd ever gone on with Jack. Every single time something went wrong he would put the blame on me, even when it was very clearly his fault. He just loved putting me down. That would have to end soon. I'm sick of his bullshit. The only reason I'm still an agent is because Gabriel was able to convince me to stay and Jack to keep me around. I'm starting to not see the benefits anymore. We dropped out of the jet landing in the top of the base. The three of us quickly ran to the elevator door. Jack busted the lock and we went inside. The elevator took us below the ground to a coputer room. McCree positioned himself behind us to make sure no one was coming. We followed Jack down a hall full of computers. In the corner of the room I saw a red blinking light. I gasped and shot at it. Glass shattered to the ground. The three of us stopped. The two men staring at me in shock.
"What the hell is wring with you?!" Jack yelled.
I pointed to where I fired my bullet.
"Look, there was a camera commander." I said smiling at him.
McCree and Jack looked at the wreck in the corner.
"Nice shot Y/N." McCree said.
Jack just rolled his eyes and gave us the sign to keep moving. We got to the end of the hall. Jack plugged a hardrive into one of the Pc's and began extracting the data. We waited. It was strange. There was no one here to stop us, yet the whole building was being powered. It took at least 7 minutes for the hardrive to extract. That was the longest time I wish I hadn't spent staring at Morrison. We quietly went back the way we came and went up the elevator. On the roof Gabriel was still waiting for us. We hopped onto the jet and took off back home.