The Explosion

He smiled and put his hands on my arms.
"This is it Y/N. This meeting I'm about to go into will save Overwatch from the public. It will make sure that our top secret missions stay top secret and our secret agents safe."
I got off his lap and helped him get dressed. He turned to face me once I pulled his blue coat over his shoulders.
"Well, how do I look?"
I smiled admiring our work.
"Like a hero."
He smiled brightly and grabbed a tablet from the table.
"Good luck." I said.
He gave a little nod before the door closed behind him.....

"And that's the last time you ever saw him?"

"Yes. I remember every fragment of his figure that day. His hair was perfectly cut clean and was so golden it blinded me. He wanted to reassure that everything would be ok, so his left brow was raised all morning. He had the most confident smile ever. I even remember him wearing a white T-shirt underneath his coat and gear."

"Tell me exactly what happend."

"Exactly 30 minutes later........

All of a sudden the room around me began to crumble. I felt my feet lift from the ground. My whole body was tossed through the walls. The world went black, filled with smoke. I faded in and out of consciousness. I could hear faint voices. Smoke was desperate to escape my lungs. I coughed softly and looked around. Between blinks I could see fire, smoke, and ash fill the skies.

"I woke up in a top secret hospital facility. That's when I saw her."

"You speak of the mad scientist, Dr. O'Deorain?"

"Yes, she saved me in a way. Both of my hands had to be replaced with these prosthetics that you see now."
I held up my hands and wiggled my robotic finger tips."

"That must have been very hard to get used to. You can't feel a thing.

I played with my fingers for a minute before looking back up.

"I'm not the only one who had to suffer."

"Hm?"

"I-I have to go."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I looked up to see a familiar face touching a tablet beside me. Their figure comes into focus and I realize that it's Moira. I tried to speak and move but it was no use. I felt like my muscles had been sucked out of body. Wouldn't surprise me knowing Moira. I tried to form words. My chest felt like it was burning as well as being stepped on. Small screeches escaped my mouth. It was enough for Moira to turn her gaze to me. She realized I was awake. Her hand came to my shoulder.
"Do not stress yourself." She said. "Let me get you some water."
I nodded a bit. My whole body felt numb, but I rested my head against the pillows behind me. Moira came back with a cup of water. I lifted my arm slowly to take the cup of water. I realized that I couldn't even feel my hands. It came into my view and I almost couldn't believe my eyes. Attached to my arm was a black robotic hand. My whole arm shook. I wanted to scream. I turned my new hand over and over then looked down at my other arm. An identical hand was attached to it as well. I flipped them around for a bit unable to fully wrap my mind around this.
"Wha-what have you done to me?!"
Moira looked sad at the floor.
"The explosion. I- there wasn't anything I could do. Your hands were blown up. Tears filled my eyes as I came to the realization that I would have to accept this new development. I let my arms fall into my lap. Moira held the cup of water out to me again.
"Try to take a drink. You need to learn how to use your hands."
I didn't want to.
"Where is Jack?" I asked.
"Please take this."
"Where is he Moira?"
She stared at me stubbornly.
"You must drink."
I finally gave in slowly moving my arm up. I positioned it in front of the cup.
"Now just tell your hand what you want it to do." Moira said tapping her temple.
I looked down at my robotic hand and thought about it taking the cup. All of a sudden the hand moved and took the cup.
"Good."
I carefully raised the cup to my lips and drank from it. Moira set the cup on a table next to the bed.
"Get some rest and we will talk in the morning ok?"
She exited the room.
"Wait what about-?!"
The door slammed shut. I sighed too tired and in pain to be asking questions. I placed my head back and closed my eyes.