What is This?

I was so moved, but I stopped and pushed Jack away.
"No Jack. I-I shouldn't have done that."
He looked down solemnly.
"I'm sorry, I thought you-"
I punched his shoulder.
"Ow!"
Grabbing his bowtie I pulled him back to meet my lips. I felt his lips quiver against mine. I broke the kiss staring at him sternly.
"You're so stupid." I whispered.
I let go and started to walk back to the party.
"I should get back to Gabe." I said turning to face Jack.
He grinned and nodded back at me. I found Gabriel looking like he'd lost something. He looked relieved when he saw me.
"There you are! Where did you go?"
"Jack and I just went out to the balcony for some air. No big deal."
Gabe stared back curiously. I shrugged.
"Everything is fine." I assured him.
"If you say so."
The rest of the night I danced with Gabriel and when the party ended he helped me check into my hotel room. We both said goodnight and retired to our rooms. I took off my dress and pulled an oversized shirt over my head. I layed in the cold white sheets of the hotel bed, but I couldn't sleep. I thought about what had happened on the balcony with Jack. What did that kiss mean? Were we just comitted to getting along or was there something more? My mind was filled with questions. I put on some slippers and decided to take a walk around the hotel. The top floor went to the roofs balcony area. I took the elevator up and went out into the balcony's dim light. Across the roof I saw an arrangement of chairs. In one of them was someone else. A man by the looks of it. When the man turned his head to look at me I realized it was Jack and it was too late to run back to my room. His glance caught me in my tracks and I was forced to walk towards him. My whole body shook, but I kept walking towards him for some reason. He smiled stupidly back at me.
"Hey Y/N. Um...can't sleep?"
I nodded and took a seat in front of him.
"Meniether."
I tried to make conversation to cut the awkwardness.
"Did you have a good time at the party?" I asked.
He nodded a bit pointing his chin up.
"I enjoyed my dance with you. Even if it wasn't for very long."
I grabbed my arm and looked away shyly.
"S-sorry I had to cut it short. It just felt wrong since I was Gabriel's date and you-!"
I opened my eyes to find Jack kissing me again. He broke it and stared into my eyes. My hands went to his chest.
"C-commander?"
"Do you like Gabriel?"
"W-what?!"
"You know I don't repeat myself Y/N."
"W-well, I like him as a friend and teammate. Why do you-"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Um, sure."
"Would you please go out with me...tomorrow night?" He asked.
"Tomorrow night? Uh....um.....I-I'd like that."
I saw Jack's face turn to a smile.
"What time can I pick you up?"
"Ah, how about 7?"
"Perfect. I'll see you then."
I smiled a bit, but in the back of my mind I had no clue what just happend. Did Jack Morrison, my commander, just asked me out? He walked me back to my room. I smiled and closed the door. Lying in bed I found myself able to sleep again.

The next morning came around amd everyone was already out of bed enjoying their vacation. It was beach day. Most of the agents were already down there watching the sun rise. I put out my cute two piece bathing suit and packed a beach bag before putting it on. I had the perfect view of the beach from my window. I headed downstairs and walked out onto the beach. I could feel the warm sand against my feet. I could see the other agents playing volleyball in the distance. I couldn't see Gabriel or Jack though. They must still be asleep. I ran out kicking sand into the air behind me, but stopped when I heard someone coughing hard behind me. I turned to see McCree with a red bathing suit, a sun hat, and glasses. He was covered in sand. He coughed hard spitting sand everywhere and lifted his glasses.
"Oh, sorry Jesse!" I said dusting off his shoulders.
He blinked a bit making sure sand didn't get in his eyes.
"Ah, it's alright. I'm good." Jesse replied.
As I was dusting off his hairy chest I noticed how tan he had gotten and how fixed his abs were. I touched them a bit longer before relizing what I was doing. I quickly pulled my hands away.
"S-sorry. Are you sure you're ok?"
McCree tilted his sun hat back a bit and chuckled.
"I'll be just fine."
He looked passed me at the beautiful sunrise in the distance. I turned to look at it too. There was a beautiful array of colors across the horizon. Just then a volley ball bounced into my leg. I picked it up and looked over to see Tracer waving back at me. I tossed her the ball and she went back to playing with the others.
"Wanna play?" McCree asked.
"Nah, I think I'll admire this sunrise a bit longer."
"Mind if I join ya?" McCree said smiling.
I nodded and we both sat down on a couple of beach towels together. Later I looked behind us to see Jack and Reyes in their own bathing suits walking down the beach. I waved at them and they started to walk towards us. Reyes smiled and waved back. Jack stood next to him, but didn't share the same smile. He frowned like he was nervous. I could tell he was trying to hide it. As they got closer I noticed a large bruise around Jack's eye. I stood up and imediateley threw my attention at it.
"Hey Y/N!" Gabriel said.
Jack still looked dulley at the ground.
"Jack, you're eye! What happened to it?!"
I saw Gabriel put a firm hand around Jack's shoulder holding him in a side hug.
"Go ahead Jack. Tell her what happened." Gabriel said sternly.
"I-I hit my eye on the edge of the nightstand." Jack said.
"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked. "It looks really bad."
"I'm fine." Jack said sternly.
"You heard him Y/N. It was just the nightstand." Gabriel said.
I sighed. Something didn't feel right.
"If you say so."
I stared at Jack a little longer unril he caught my glance. He gave a gentle grin back at me. We looked over towards the rest of the group playing volleyball. They were cheering on one another and laughing.
"Why don't you go play Y/N?" Jack asked.
I chuckled and grabbed my arm.
"I don't think my arm is fully up to code yet."
Gabriel and McCree walked off and talked to one another while Jack and I just stood there wondering what to do. He scratched the back of his head and gestured towards the beach bar and grill that opened for the morning.
"Want a drink?" He asked.
"I'd love one."