I Apologize

"Did you like the second one more or this one?"
"They both look good, but I don't think it's the one."
I sighed and changed one more time. I walked out and tried to pose.
"How about this one?"
Gabriel's eyes went wide. He quickly stood up staring at me. He didn't look away. I saw his face go red. Mine did too.
"What is it Gabriel?"
He quickly looked away and scratched the back of his head.
"Ah nothing, I-I just....I think that's the one."
"Really?"
I did a small twirl in the dress. I liked it.
"I like it too."
We both smiled at eachother. I got changed and paid for the dress. Today the Overwatch agents made arrangements for the party. It would take place in Dorado as it did every year. Angela and Ana always organized and decorated everything. Tonight we would all fly in for the weekend and get our own rooms. Tomorrow night was the party, and I had a date. Today was my last day of washing floors for a while. Tomorrow is the first day of everyones vacation. Most of the Overwatch agents go to the mountains for vacation so we are all together. Others visit their families out of town. I was scared to go into the locker rooms until I was sure everyone was out. Then I finished cleaning the floors. I started to pack up the cleaning supplies and leave when I heard someone walk into the locker room.
"Sorry, I'm cleaning right-"
I gasped when I saw who it was. Jack walked in. I haven't seen him since the incident yesterday. I looked at him, but quickly looked down. All I could see was his chizzled, naked body in my mind.
"H-hey Commander."
"Y/N."
"I-I can leave if you need to use the locker room." I said.
Jack leaned against the tile wall.
"I was actually looking for you." Jack said deeply.
"M-me?"
"Remember when you said you wanted to get to know eachother more?"
I heasitated a bit, but nodded.
"Well, I was wondering if I could take you to the dance tomorrow? Offical of course. I'm still your Commander."
I stared wide eyed. My Commander just asked me out! What is happening?! First I hear him moan my name and then he asks me to the dance! He's.....sweet, but.......oh my god he's going too fast!"
"Ah, I'm actually already going to the dance with Gabriel."
He seemed moved by that, he looked nervous all of the sudden.
"O-oh Gabriel. Of course that's......fine. I guess I'll just see you at the party then?"
"Y-yeah."
"Of course it's Gabe." He said under his breath.
He walked out of the bathroom and I heard a loud thid against the wall like he had punched it. Why does he have such a grudge against Gabe? I tried to clear my head, but it was impossible. I couldn't sleep that night. I threw a hoodie on and walked around the cold base bare foot. I haven't seen the base at night. It's so quiet, empty almost. Down the main hall I could see a light coming out the bottom of one of the doors. I walked up curiously. It was Jack's office. Should've known he'd stay up this late. I opened the door. Jack at his desk quickly stood almost frightened by my appearance. He sighed in relief.
"What the hell are you doing?! It's passed curfew!"
"No offense, but curfew applies to you too, Commander."
He sat back down holding his head against one hand.
"I was working." He replied.
"Typical." I whispered.
"What was that?"
"N-nothing. Shouldn't you be sleeping too?"
"Heh, these days I don't sleep as soundly anymore."
I stared at him for a while. Something is always on his mind. I walked closer to the desk.
"Want to tell me what's on your mind?" I asked.
He looked up at me, but huffed and looked away.
"Not your business." He stood up. "C'mon I'll walk you down."
We both walked down the hall to our rooms. Before opening my door I feel Jack's hand on my shoulder. I turn around.
"Wait Y/N?"
"Y-yes?"
"Um."
He just stared for a while not knowing what to say. His hand went to the back of his head.
"I just wanted to apologize."
"What?"
Those words shocked me. After all this time was he really apologizing?
"I won't repeat myself. You heard me. I've been a jerk to you throughout the time you've been an agent of Overwatch and it wasn't fair judgment. I had no reason to doubt you. It wasn't what a good Commander would do, so I'm sorry."
I could feel my eyes swelling with tears. I fell foreward wrapping my arms around Jack. He was surprised, but I felt him wrap his arms around me as I sobbed into his shirt.
"I'm sorry Jack, but you have no idea how long I've been wanting to hear that." I sobbed.
I broke the hug and wiped my face. It felt strange to hug him, but I was so happy he finally apologized for everything. It made me feel at ease, like he actually wanted to make peace. It felt....like I actually had a friend.
"Thankyou Jack."
He smiled and nodded a bit.
"Good night."
"Night."
I went into my room and was able to sleep better than I have in years. Tomorrow was the day of the party.