I Forgive You

It was the day of the dance. Every year I would have so much fun with the team. This will be my third dance with them. I love when Reinhardt shows off his moves. Then Angela steps in to help him. Ana chuckles from the side and sips a vodka. Every year is always great, but this year will be different...

I didn't want to see anyone that morning until the dance begun. Ana and Angela were already in Dorado setting everything up. I layed my dress out and admired it from across the room. I put my hair up and put on makeup. I made sure I smelled nice before putting on my dress. I put it on and stared into the mirror. I couldn't help but smile. I looked pretty damn good. All of a sudden there was a knock at my door. Was it time already? What do you know? He's right on time. I open the door to see Gabriel in a matte black tuxedo with a red tie. He looked amazing in his hand he held a small box.
"Hello there."
Gabe didn't respond for a while. He just kind of stared at me. His eyes stared wide, but then he finally spoke.
"S-sorry Y/N. You, you look great!"
He made me blush a bit.
"Thankyou Gabe."
My eyes went to the box in his hand.
"What's that?" I asked.
He took the box and opened it to reveal a dark purple corsage. I covered my mouth.
"Oh my god! It's beautiful!"
He put it on my wrist. It smelled lovely.
"Oh I almost forgot."
I grabbed a red rose on my counter and pinned it to Gabriel's tuxedo jacket. I smiled admiring how great he looked in a suit. I haven't seen him in a suit since the last Overwatch party. He smiled mischievously and held his arm out.
"Shall we?" He asked.
I smiled and hooked my arm around his.
"We shall."
He walked me to the garage where his black vintage car was. He opened the door for me and I sat inside. He got in too and started the car, revving up the motor. We drove to the jet sight and hopped onto a Jet. We got to Dorado and I could see so many pretty colors and lights from the jet. Gabriel landed the jet and we took a shuttle to the party site. I had my arm hooked around Gabriel's as we got out of the shuttle and walked into the party full of familiar faces and loud music. I smiled at everyone we passed. We walked towards the bar and passed the crowd I could see McCree and Jack talking to one another. Both had a drink in their hands. Jack's gaze passed me. Our eyes were glued. He looked shocked as we walked up to them. McCree looked over too having the same shocked expression. Both of their faces were red with blush.
"Happy New Year guys." Gabriel said to them.
"Ah, happy new year Reyes." Jack said scratching the back of his head.
He wouldn't take his eyes off me. I grew nervous. Everytime I looked back at him his eyes were on me.
"Y/N you, you look great." Jack said.
"T-thanks." I managed to say.
I pulled Gabriel to the bar to try and get away from Jack. Why was he making me so nervous? Gabriel ordered us drinks and sat at the bar. He turned to me and smiled pulling his fingers through his short hair.
"What's up with Jack?"
"Huh?" I said acting confused.
"He seems a bit happier than usual, but also kind of lost. Any idea what's going on?"
I turned to Gabriel.
"Honestly, I don't know what's going on with him anymore. He's changed." I replied.
Gabriel narrowed his eyes and looked across the dance floor at Jack.
"Hmmm. You're right. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet." Gabriel replied.
I sighed. Gabe put his hand to my back.
"Hey don't sweat it. I'll make sure he stays away from you tonight."
I smiled warmly.
"You don't have to do that Gabe."
"Sure I do."
Our drinks were put on the bar. I took small sips of mine and sighed. A new song started.
"Oh yes! I love this song!" Gabriel exclaimed. "Care to dance?"
I took his hand and smiled.
"Let's go."
He took my side in one hand and gently grabbed my hand with the other. We swayed across the dance floor, moving slowly. The song, the people in the room, everything felt slow. Just then we hear someone cough. Gabriel peered over his shoulder to see Jack. I gapsed and stared in shock.
"May I cut in?" Jack asked.
Gabriel stared firlmly at him.
"You should leave Jack."
"Reyes, I just-"
Gabriel let go of me and looked sterly at Jack again. He hit his arm away.
"Just leave Morrison."
I could tell Gabriel was doing everything in his power not to start a fight, but if they kept going that wouldn't last very long. I put my hand on Gabriel's shoulder. He turned.
"Gabe, it's ok. I'll meet up with you in a bit."
"But you said-"
"Let him dance. It's ok."
Gabriel sighed loudly and backed down. He walked over to Jesse, but kept an eye in my direction. Jack looked down at me and smiled. He wore a dark blue suit with a matching bowtie. All of a sudden the world around me vanished. It felt like it was just us. He held his hand out. My shaky hand met his and I felt his delicate touch against my waist. I was so nervous. My whole body was shaking. I tried my best not to look up at Jack as he swayed with me across the floor, bit it was no use. I kept a glimmering eye on him. Unable to tell if I was glad to see him or to nervous to comply. I tried to breath softly, but only shaky breaths came out. Jack could tell something was wrong.
"Need some air?"
I gathered the strength to reply.
"Yes, I could use some air."
Jack walked me outside to a patio overlooking the beautiful city of Dorado. I leaned my arms against the bars to try and catch my breath.
"You ok Y/N?" Jack asked.
I turned around.
"This just doesn't feel appropriate. You're my Commander and it just....don't you think it looks a little weired for a commander to be dancing like that with one of his privates?"
Jack huffed and leaned one arm against the balcony.
"I thought it was nice."
I crossed my arms and leaned back. Jack stood up and got in front of me. He stared down smiling mischievously. I stared up at him worried.
"I knew it." He said.
"Knew what?" I laughed.
His hands slowly grasped mine.
"I knew dancing with you.....would feel like magic."
My face relaxed staring up at Jack in amazment, but I noticed that he still had a scar on his nose. He leaned into me a bit.
"Sorry again for.....breaking your nose."
All of a sudden I felt his lips collide with mine. I was shocked at first, but I didn't want to move. I closed my eyes embracing the kiss. He broke the kiss staring deeply into my eyes.
"I forgive you."