19. Escape and Rescue

Anna woke up feeling dizzy due to the strong acid which she was forced to inhale

Anna woke up feeling dizzy due to the strong acid which she was forced to inhale. She cracked opened her eyes and found herself in a completely different place. Her eyes shut wide opened and scanned around the room. The room was empty with only a chair and a bed she was lying on and the lights inside were very dim. After putting the pieces two and two together, she discovered that she was being lockdown in some kind of basement. Her mind quickly thought about Nicolo and looked for him around. She was alone inside. She got off from the bed and dashed towards the door. She tried to open the door but it was locked from the outside. 

"Open the door!" She growled as she banged and kick the door. Anna was angry but at the same time confused. She didn't have any idea of what was going on. She doesn't even know these men but they were after her and she was now lockdown. She was worried sick about Nicolo as well. 

"Open this god damn door!" She roared banging and kicking on the door.

"Shut up! Girl." A hoarse male voice shouted from the other side. "—or I'll come and cut your throat away." He warned. Anna kept silent for some seconds and thought of some ideas about how to get out of here.

"Open the door!" She banged loudly. She decided to make the man angry and let him come in."I said shut up or—"

"Or what!" She interrupted. "What can you do?" She taunted harshly and soon she heard the door key been unlocked. A muscular man in black towered inside the room, his face crystal clear with anger and irritation. He glared right through at her before banging the door close from behind.

"You are such a pain in the ass. I'm gonna teach you a lesson you little girl." The man growled as he made his way toward her. "I'm gonna fuck you so hard that you won't remember a thing."

 "Never in a million years!" As the man was just a step away from her, she quickly went forward and kicked him between his legs. The man groaned in pain and crouched down on his knee, clutching onto his precious with his both hands. "Now you can go fuck yourself." She said and the man looks up at her in most contemptuous glared. But before he could reach for his gun, Anna noticed his movement and quickly knocked him down on the floor unconscious. Anna took his gun and strolled towards the door. She peeked carefully through the left and right hallway and found nobody. The hallway itself seems so isolated and cold. Anna glanced on both sides of the hallways deciding inside her head to take which way and as the luck was on her side, her attention caught at the large door at the far end through the right hallway. Some bright orange-red light like fire was illuminating from inside the room. She steps cautiously looking around and made her way towards that large door.

What in the world is this place? She wondered as she glanced around.

She flattened her back on the wall and carefully peek through the large door. The room inside was very large and there were old and rusted machines scattered around.

This place looks like some abandoned factories. She thought.

She glanced around and saw six men in blacks surrounding the large fire in the middle, laughing and shouting and beside it, her eyes caught Nicolo's figure. His hands and legs were tight up with the chair and he was badly bruised on his face. Some blood was dripping down from his forehead and corner lips. He was groaning and wincing in pain because of the heat from the fire which was searing into his wounds.