17. The Care

Anna quickly dashed out from her room and ran downstairs

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Anna quickly dashed out from her room and ran downstairs. And as she opened the door, she saw a black SUV parked in front of the house. Without wasting a second, she rushed towards it and opened the car door. She gasped out loud and her hands reached for her mouth at the sight of Leo. His white shirt was stained with blood and his hands were painted with it.

"Anna!" he panted as he heavily blinked at her.

"Don't say a word," Anna said hurriedly but softly and helped him out of the car. She then placed his hand around her shoulder and support him in walking.

"I'm-sorry—" He struggled to speak up. "—for troubling you, I didn't—"

"Stop talking, Leo." She interrupted quietly.

She led him inside her room and placed him gently on her bed. She scurried towards her closet and fetch the first aid box from the top shelf and then she went to the other shelf and took out her surgical instruments.

"Leo, please stay awake," she said worriedly and leaned down closer to him and unbuttoned his shirt and took it off. She fetched for the painkiller and injected on his wound. Leo winced in pain and clenched his jaw tightly. She took the forceps on her hand and gave him a troubled look.

"Do it," Leo said and gave her a nod.

Anna dipped the instrument into his wound and tried her best to gently stroke it while searching for the bullet. Leo shut his eyes tightly and groaned under his gritted teeth. After some seconds, she finally tapped on the bullet and carefully took it out. Leo groaned in relieved right after the bullet was removed and shut opened his eyes. She placed the bullet on the bowl and gently cleaned the blood with soft rags. She put some ointment around the wound and wrapped the bandage around it.

"Thank you," he said softly. All this time, Anna was contending herself not to show any emotions but she couldn't take it anymore and suddenly tears fell down through her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," she quickly wiped her tears and look away from him. "I don't know why am I even crying." She sniffled and drifted her eyes towards him. "What happened? Who did this to you?"

"The Sylvesters'." He spat out.

"You know that your enemies are after your life and still you came out alone with no securities," Anna said in a chided tone.

"You're worried about me!" he pointed out softly.

"I'm not," she snapped and looked away from him. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything—" she stood up from her place and looked down at him. "—don't call me." She deadpanned making Leo to chuckled at her softly.

"You can sleep in your bed. I will be leaving now." He said as he straightened up on the bed.

"You're not going anywhere!" she scolded him and make a move towards him but accidentally she tangled her legs and trip over him and came face to face. Her eyes went wide opened at the closeness they were sharing at the moment. She quickly looked away and attempted to straighten up but Leo wrapped his one hand around her waist and pulled her closer, stopping her from moving away. Her heart beats became irrational and her mind went blank, lost in his eyes. Leo eyes drifted down to her lips and move forward, closing the distance between them. But just as he was milli-seconds away in crashing his lips to her, the loud rings from his phone distract them.