21. An Indecent Man

Leo placed the box on the nightstand and stood up from his position

Leo placed the box on the nightstand and stood up from his position. Anna's eyes followed him up. "Take a rest. I have to go now. I'll see you later, Mio Coure." 

After spending a good hour of relaxing, Rossanne came running to her room. 

"Anna!" 

"Rossanne dear, come here." Anna squealed and gestured her to come and join her on the bed. "How are you dear?"

"I'm fine. I heard that you've been injured and that you'll be staying here for the weekend."

"Yes! But who told you about it?"

"Nicolo."

"Are you alright now?" Rossanne asked as she glanced over Anna's shoulder.

"I'm totally fine now."

"I'm happy that you're okay and I'm very happy that you're staying here for the weekend. Oh! I forgot to tell you. Actually I came here to call you. Zia was asking for you." Rossanne informed. Both Anna and Rossanne got off from the bed and strolled out. Rossanne led her to the dining hall. Anna scanned around the dining hall and spotted Severina at the far corner end of the bed.

"Zia!" Anna exclaimed playfully. 

"Don't call me that, Anna. You're making me feel old." Severina smiled and said glancing at her. 

"Isn't it too late for dinner now?" Anna pointed out quietly as she took held Rossanne's tiny hand onto hers and strolled towards Severina.

"I know right! This is my third time setting up the table." She chuckled softly. "We waited for Nicolo's return but the situation came up. And now they all rushed out for some works. I don't even know when they'll return." She sighed. 

"Where did they go?" Anna asked.

"Somewhere only they know." She shrugged off with an answer. 

"Aren't you worry about your sons?" Anna couldn't help but ask. "I mean..."

"Of course I get worried about them. I'm their mother." She interrupted and said softly. "But it's not a new thing though. It's like a duty for me to worry and wait for them. And they always return and will always return because they know that their mother is waiting for them, always." She continued and smiled at Anna. "Rossanne, go and call your brother for dinner."

"I called him already but he said that he'll have with Fratelli when they come," Rossanne replied and pouted.

Anna's eyes drifted towards the kitchen when she saw a lady coming out from it. The lady was tall and amazingly beautiful. Slim figure and face were quite similar to Severina.

"Anna, she's Avery. Rossanne's mother." Severina introduced her to Anna.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Anna. Nice to meet you." Anna greeted her genuinely.