Chapter 15: The Final Planning

"You mean the Ministers are all corrupted?" Viaan exclaimed hotly.

Vidyut was looking everywhere but at Viaan. They had regrouped at the secret place again the next day. It was daytime and also their day off. Why the day off, no one knew, but they could guess. Regardless it was the best day to plan and scope out every other thing. The day also agreed with them and it was quite sunny. The breeze played with Viaan's hair and he tried in vain to tame it. He had again dyed it that morning to maintain his disguise. He did not want another Rudra happening. That memory was too new and very hopeful but also threatening.

Rudra was standing beside him, back straight and watching the three of them with keen eyes. Viaan wondered how his childhood was. Was he treated well? Did he know how to read and write? Viaan was up for teaching him anything. He sensed that he saw Rudra as someone like him. It was like he saw his loneliness in him. Rudra had everything taken away from him because of money. And Viaan had everything taken away because of power. And further Rudra reminded Viaan of his siblings. He had someone to coddle now who was younger than him. He wondered how many servants were treated unfair. The ones in the royal palace were treated well, he knew that. But what about those who worked in other places?

His thoughts were at abrupt end when Viaan heard Vidyut's report. Vidyut was supposed to look at bank accounts and money transfers.

"How else would you justify huge, I mean very huge money transfers in the elite officials' accounts? But only two of them don't have any transfers and I think they are loyal to you."

"I don't think they would make this easy. I think this is something else. We are being led in different direction. Who are those two?" Nairiti rose from her sitting position and moved to where Vidyut had office with all his notes.

"The minister of finance and agriculture, they are those two."

Nairiti was quiet for a moment and then she turned towards Viaan. Viaan knew whatever she thought would be worse than what Vudyut had said. There was no change in her expression but Viaan knew enough to see her eyes lose their shine. She was going to day something very disturbing.

"I think those two are responsible for all this. They are trying to bribe other ministers by using money. You think about this, something like this doesn't start with majority but with minority. They want the other Ministers to rebel. And if think that all the Ministers are corrupted, wouldn't Vivaan be thrown in custody?"

Her words made sense. His brother was for now, from the officials at least. But they were ahead of him with their diabolical plan. Because finance and agriculture was the backbone of his kingdom. Without money, the soldiers couldn't fight and without food, no one could live. The villain had targeted the life of his kingdom. This was to kill a kingdom for its conquering. Viaan had to act fast. He needed people but no one would believe him.

"We can recruit people!"
The three of them turned towards Rudra who lowered his eyes when he saw their gaze on him. And like he remembered what Viaan had said, he raised his eyes and met each of their gaze without hesitation.

"The servants, they are all trained to fight. We can find out if there is anything happening and act accordingly. We know how to stop people."

"How can you stop anyone?"
Nairiti was in her interrogative mode.

"Its easy. Just add some herb and they will have stomach problems. Hard to go anywhere in that condition."

Viaan suppressed a smile at that. Of course, a servant can do that without any problem.

"And what else can you get away with?"

"Records. We can find anything, anywhere. We can delay their plans or alter them if the situation asks for it."

"Great, do you trust these people you think of?"
Viaan was surprised at this abrupt trust. Of the three of them, Nairiti was the most skeptical one about Rudra. And now she trusted him. She went from zero to three sixty in a matter of seconds or a blink of eye in this matter.

"Few ones. I can't tell everyone but there are few who can tell me information. I won't tell anything about the returned one. I won't sell you out."

Nairiti nodded, "I'll meet them too. Tell me when you go asking for their help."

That was decided and Viaan and Vidyut were looking at the both of them with slightly open mouths. Viaan had expected huge fights before one decision was made. This was becoming easy. So he moved onto the one which would cause the biggest disagreement to test this newfound agreement.

"What about me going undercover in the royal residence?"

"You are mad!" Echoed in the silence. The words were silent but Vidyut did have a booming voice when he was mad. Nairiti had an incredulous look and Rudra looked plain uncomfortable.

"I know about that place better than anyone else. Not even servants know what I know."Viaan said calmly with ease.

"You must think we would allow you so easily. But we won't! Do you think we got you out of there only to send in unprotected. Those people are waiting to remove you from the game and you want to go and stand in front of them with a red sign saying "I'm here"? Are you out of your mind?"Nairiti bursted put finally.

Viaan knew how she saw the situation. She couldn't go back to her kingdom because of the same reason. He could see her pain but he had to do it. There were some things only he knew how to access. He had to go for them.

"I have a plan you will like, then!"

Author's note:
Folks, folks, folks!
500 amazing people find me good enough to follow. YAY! That was the highlight of my week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, what do you think the plan is?

Is Viaan being stupid or what?

What do you think will happen next?

Whose theory did you like in the chapter?

And thank you all for reading. Your comments make my day and inspire me to write. Like I did this week, two updates in 7 days. Please tell me if there are typos and mistakes because the autocorrect messes up words sometimes and I don't edit completely!

😊😊😊