Chapter 8.2: Tactics

Chapter 8: Handling the Sword of Fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3

"Day three already. Blaise, do you believe you're ready to learn the fastest technique in handling the Sword of Fire?" Nix asked.

    "Yes," Blaise replied, determined.

    Nix nodded in approval. "Now then, the way to handle the sword quickly is to remain in fire, becoming one with it while using the sword at the same time. Of course, every Fire Creatures and Humans can do this as well depending on their ability."

    The campfire was lit by fire thanks to Zephania who had lit it up.

    "All you have to do is step into the campfire and stay still for a minute. After that, you'll battle with Zephania in the fire." Nix explained.

    "What if I burn?" Blaise asked.

    "You won't, idiot. Don't you remember your battle with the Fire Guardian?" Autumn asked.

    "Nope." Blaise chirped.

    Autumn had a poker face and thought, "I think I'm the dumb one for thinking that..."

    "Enhancement: Stage Three." Zephania chanted.

    Suddenly, the campfire grew larger, large enough to encase the four in.

    "Step in," Zephania said.

    "No thanks," Blaise said with a nervous smile.

    "If you don't, then you'll continue to suffer from training even more," Nix replied.

    "I think I wi-"

    Zephania had pushed Blaise into the large fire, resulting in Blaise falling flat onto his face. Blaise stood up groaning in pain slowly, clutching onto the Sword of Fire with his right hand.

    "That hurt..." Blaise murmured.

    "See. You're fine." Nix said.

    Blaise looked at his surroundings and he was in the fire. It wasn't as hot as he expected but it was certainly orange and a little yellowish from the inside.

    "Oh... I'm alive." Blaise said.

    "You sssound like you don't want to live," Autumn said.

    "No. I'm just surprised that I'm still alive and standing in this fire," Blaise replied.

    Zephania then appeared in the fire with his wooden stick.

    "Shouldn't that be burning?" Blaise asked.

    "No. I enhanced it. That way, it won't burn." Zephania replied.

    "This sounds a lot like games..." Blaise thought to himself.

    "Anyways, since you achieved the first step, stand still for a minute. While doing so, close your eyes and become one with the fire." Nix explained.

    "How do I become one with the fire?" Blaise asked.

    "As the wielder of the Sword of Fire and from the judgment of your soul, you're determined and fierce. Combine those two traits in a more calmer state. Bottle them up and when a minute is over, release them when you fight against Zephania." Nix replied.

    "Okay... I think I got it." Blaise said.

    Nix nodded in approval. "Now then, let your meditation begin."