Chapter 7.5: The Fire Guardian Shall Rest

Chapter 7: Obtaining the Sword of Fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I wanted to talk with Blaise more but it seems he needs rest." the Fire Guardian sighed.

"I suppose we shall take our leave now," Zephania said.

The Fire Guardian nodded. "Z, why do you bring humans to the Overworld and try to bring them here in hopes of retrieving the Sword of Fire? Can't you do it yourself?"

"That's something that I shall tell you another time. For now, thank you. I'm glad to see Blaise was the successful one." Zephania said.

"I shall rest now, Z," the Fire Guardian said.

Zephania nodded. Autumn slithered onto Blaise and rested on his stomach.

"Oh, before you leave, please take Nix." the Fire Guardian said.

"But master!" Nix said.

The Fire Guardian shook his head and gently petted Nix's flames. "No, I want you to stay by Blaise's side for me. Now that the Sword of Fire is claimed, I have no other purpose other than to rest until the Sword of Fire is returned. That is the purpose of Alexander Xeno gave me. I only listen to his orders and only his as he is my master that I must obey."

Nix nuzzled into the Fire Guardian's palm. "I shall go with Sir Blaise then, Master."

The Fire Guardian nodded with a gentle smile before facing his right arm to where the Sword of Fire once was. "I'm going to open a portal for you four to leave the Temple of Fire. Please do stand by."

The trio nodded and stayed by the Fire Guardian's side.

Chanting in the Elemental language, a portal slowly opened. The portal revealed the Reef Sea and stopped at a certain point, indicating that it has reached its limit.

The Fire Guardian had chanted odd words but nonetheless, a portal of white had opened. "You all may go now."

Zephania nodded. "May you rest peacefully, Fire Guardian."

    "Thank you, Z, and give Blaise my regards." the Fire Guardian said.

    Zephania nodded as he stepped into the portal. Nix was only behind now.

    "Thank you, Nix, for staying by my side for years. But you must go now. I want you to explore the world with Blaise. Keep him alive and protect him as well. That is your final order from your master."

    Nix bowed down. "I am glad I served you, master. I wish you have a peaceful slumber."

    With her last words, Nix flew into the white portal before it closed. The Fire Guardian sighed and walked to where he had stood when he had encountered Blaise as the room changed into a room of stone. Pushing an unseen button, a whole on the floor opened revealing a pool of fire.

    "Finally. I can now rest after all of these sleepless years..."

    Falling in, he fell into the pool of fire and the open floor had closed. The room now remained silent, and only silence can be heard. After many years of guarding and fighting those who desired the Sword of Fire, the Fire Guardian now rests...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date of Publish: 09 / 14 / 19