Chapter 8.1: A Little History...

Chapter 8: Handling the Sword of Fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 (Current Day)

"Ready?" Zephania asked.

    "Yeah," Blaise replied.

    "Here I go," Zephania said.

    Running towards Blaise at a great speed, Zephania held onto the grip of the wooden stick. Blaise's eyes widened in shock.

    "Since when could old people run fast!?" Blaise exclaimed.

    Just before Blaise could regain his focus onto Zephania, Zephania was out of his sight. "H-huh? W-where did he go?"

    Zephania appeared behind Blaise. "Behind you."

    Blaise immediately turned around, swinging his sword. But it was too slow as Zephania had already disappeared.

    "He's gone!" Blaise thought.

    "Right here," Zephania said tapping Blaise's right shoulder.

    Blaise flinched as he turned around once more. Again, Zephania was gone.

    A vein popped from Blaise's forehead. "Stop being a stupid magic wizard and come out and fight me!!"

    Whack!
    Blaise let out a painful whine as he dropped the sword and clutched onto his head that began forming a little bump. "W-what was that for?"

    "You told me to come out and fight you so I did." Zephania bluntly replied.

    Blaise pouted and punched Zephania's shin. "Not like that! I meant directly and where I can see you."

    "There are many ways of fighting and the technique I used on you is something often used for those who have great speed. Do be aware of that."

    Blaise grumbled under his breath as he picked up his sword. "Start over."

    "As you wish," Zephania said.

    "Sir Zephania, one. Blaise, zero." Nix spoke.

    "Hey, since when did we agree with keeping scores!?" Blaise shouted.

    "Just for the joy of entertainment."

Zephania: 4

Blaise: 1

Day 2

"Day two. You ready?" Zephania asked.

    "Yeah..." Blaise replied.

    Blaise had his red jacket resting on a rock where Autumn rested on comfortably. His black gloves were removed, showing his exposed hands.

    "Day two, round nine, begin," Nix said.

    Blaise ran towards Zephania, holding onto the grip of the sword. Remembering how Zephania fought, Blaise held onto the sword tighter. This time, he was prepared as he trained for the entire night while everyone slept.

    Zephania began walking towards Blaise before disappearing from Blaise's eyes.

    "Now!"

    Turning around, Blaise slung his sword behind him. Zephania not being behind him, Blaise began sensing Zephania and swung his sword to his left side.