Illegal Ideas

Dante woke up and looked at his clock. 9:00. It was just yesterday that he and the others got arrested and his family got him out.

He needed to talk to Lucinda, Kim, and Ghost about everything. He felt bad about leaving everyone at the station.

He had an idea, but didn't know if it was a good one. He had slept at Gene's house because the street was still under surveillance. They were still looking for Garroth and Laurence.

The only house was Lucinda's. Because they weren't at breakfast yesterday.

He got up and got dressed. He looked in the mirror and gave himself a pep talk.

"You can do this Dante!" He reassured himself, "it'll be fine."

"Do you do this everyday, or just under pressure?"

Dante turned around and saw Gene standing in his doorway.

"You scared me, can't you knock? And no, only today." Dante said.

"And why today?" Gene pryed.

"None of your business." Dante said.

"Ok then. You should come to breakfast before going anywhere."

"I know." Dante sighed.

"Good, come on!" Gene said.

Dante followed Gene to the kitchen. Sasha and Zenix were already there because they lived with Gene. They had been mad when Dante had showed up with Gene yesterday, telling them that he would be there for a while.

Dante said nothing as he sat down across from Zenix who just glared at him.

"Want some french toast bro?" Gene asked Dante.

"Um, sure." Dante said.

Gene put some on a plate and asked Sacha to give it to Dante. She took the plate and reluctantly gave the plate to Dante.

"You said that he was going to live here, but we never agreed to feed him." Zenix complained.

"Just deal with it Zenix," Sasha said, "stop complaining."

"Don't think I'll be changing my mind about this." Gene warned.

Zenix rolled his eyes and ate his food which Sasha had handed to him.

"You don't need to worry." Dante said, "I'll be gone for the rest of the day after breakfast."

"Good. Don't want to deal with you too much." Zenix said.

Dante finished up his food and put his stuff in the sink.

He put his shoes on and headed out the door knowing that Sasha and Zenix were happy to see him leave.

It didn't take him long to get to Lucinda, Kim, and Ghost's house. When he got there, he noticed that the car they all shared was gone.

He was about to turn around when he heard the door open. He turned back around and saw Ghost at the door.

"Hey Dante." She said, "come inside."

He went in the house and saw that Kim was in the kitchen and Lucinda was making a potion.

Kim looked at Dante as he came in.

"Hey." She said, then turned to Lucinda, "I thought they said that everyone was arrested?"

Lucinda looked up from her potion. "They did. I don't know why he's here."

"Who, what?" Dante said, confused.

Kim looked back at Dante. "Go sit down on the couch and I'll explain."

Dante went and sat on the couch. Kim came over a minute later.

"Let me explain." She said as she sat down.

*Time skip to after the whole thing*

"Wow. Ok, so where are they now?" Dante asked.

"I'm not going to say. We know how much you can blab if pressured." Lucinda said.

"I do not blab!" Dante said.

Ghost raised an eyebrow. "I doubt that."

"If memory serves me correctly, you were a big talker in highschool." Kim said.

"I don't even think I knew you in highschool." Dante said.

"That's because I was always hiding and minding my own business. Garroth and I talked once. But that doesn't mean I wasn't there." Kim explained.

"Ok then."

"So is that all you came here for?" Lucinda asked Dante.

"No actually I had, an idea....." Dante said.

It was silent for a while until Ghost spoke up.

"And, what is it exactly?" She asked.

"I was thinking of breaking the others out of jail." Dante said.

"Legally or illegally?"Kim asked.

"Illegally."

"You mean teleporting in and out?" Lucinda asked.

"Yes." Dante said.

"Dante," Lucinda said, "I forgot how to teleport the first time and only relearned it to help at Starlight."

"I know." Dante said.

"So can you please understand why I don't want to do this." Lucinda said.

Dante sighed, "ya."

"Thanks Dante."

"No problem."

Dante had one nose trick up his sleeve though. He would try his best, and maybe, just maybe, it will work.