Stuck

It was quiet in the jail cells. The police had stuck 2 people in every cell.

Zane and Katelyn were in one. Travis and Nana were together. Aphmau and Dante were having to share.

*Zane and Katelyn*

Zane had been in a weird funk ever since he came back from questioning. Katelyn wondered why. He had been pacing and mumbling since he got back.

"Are you ok Zane?" Katelyn asked, "you've been acting weird for a while."

"I'm fine." He grumbled.

"No your not. You've been pacing and mumbling to yourself since you got back." Katelyn said.

"Is it ok for me to be worried for Garroth, Katelyn!?" Zane said, his voice rising.

"That's not it and I know it!" Katelyn said, "this isn't normal worried behavior for you."

Zane huffed. "I really am ok, Katelyn. Just leave me alone."

"Fine." Though Katelyn wasn't done with this, she would find a way to figure out what was going on. One way or another.

Zane didn't want to talk to Katelyn, not about this. That Xavier was a pain. He wasn't going to fall for his plan, but it was still annoying and painful for the reminders of high school and later, before hanging with Aph.

*Nana and Travis*

Nana and Travis sat down. She was on the cot because Travis insisted, so he sat on the floor.

"I'm going to die of bordom in here." Travis complained.

"It's not that bad if you find something to do." Nana reassured him.

"Like what?" Travis asked.

"Talk to a friend." Nana said.

"Well, what do you want to talk about then?" Travis asked.

"I don't know, you pick." Nana said.

"Ok then, how do you think a this will work out?" Travis asked.

"I have faith that it will work out well." Nana said.

"Maybe. Hopefully they get help from Lucinda." Travis said.

"Ya." Nana said.

"They said that We can't go home until they have Garroth. You know that right?" Travis said.

Nana's face fell. "I know. But it's better than having Garroth expiramented on."

"Your right. Let's drop the subject." Travis agreed.

With that it was quiet again.

*Aphmau and Dante*

It wasn't any better in the last cell. Dante was reading a book that one of the cops gave him. Aphmau was sleeping. She had been since they got there and got done with her questioning, she was tired out after the fighting, she had been the last one standing.

After a while, she started to wake up.

"Dante?" She asked

"Afternoon Aph." Dante said.

Aphmau looked around then at her ears and tail. She sighed.

"It wasn't a dream. Irene dang it." She said.

"Nope. We're all here. Still." Dante said.

Aphmau shook her head.

They were just doing their things when an officer came and opened their cell.

"Dante. Come with me." He said.

Dante closed his book and got up and went out the door. He better not have to talk to that other officer Xavier again.

"What's going on?" Aphmau asked.

"Nothing of your consern." He said. He closed and locked the door, turned around and left with Dante behind him.

They soon reached the front of the police station and the officer and Dante went through and down to the front desk.

What Dante saw when he got there suprised him. Gene and his mom were talking to the guy at the front desk.

"Mom, Gene." Dante said.

Gene turned around to face his brother.

"Hey little bro." Gene said, hugging Dante as he got there.

"What are you guys doing here?" Dante asked.

"We heard about you getting arrested. So Mom and I came to get you out." Gene explained.

"Could you guys get the others out?" Dante pleaded.

"No, we can't, otherwise I would. But we aren't their family." Gene said.

Dante nodded his head. He understood, but it was worth a try.

Soon, their mom turned around. She went over and took a turn hugging Dante.

"Glad to see you again son." She said, "let's go home."

And with that, they left the station going home.

Aphmau saw the same officer that had taken Dante a couple of minutes later. What had happened? Probably or hopefully not anything bad.

Still, Aphmau was confused and wondered where Dante had gone. And what did the officer need him for?