Chapter 10-Gwen and the Cat

Gwen swung to the place that Peter told her to go. Whoever this "Felicia" person was, apparently she was a professional at what she did...and also a professional when it came to Spider-Man stuff too, apparently.
She sat on top of the roof and began to think. Gwen hadn't sat down to just think of everything that was going on with her life for a while...
Last night...a lot happened last night. A team of supervillains took over the city. Police are scattered everywhere. Military are scattered everywhere. NYC is on a citywide shutdown. All the emotions flooding in at once forced a tear to roll down her cheek.
Her attention was caught after she heard a woman's voice go, "Ahem." Gwen wiped the tear from her cheek and shot up. She was surprised when she realized who this "Felicia" really was.
"You're the Black Cat," Gwen said surprisedly. She eyed the cat burglar down.
Felicia flipped her bleached hair back. "You're a perceptive one," she said. She looked Gwen up and down. "You must be Gwen Stacy...shorter than I imagined."
Gwen giggled. "And you're taller than I imagined."
Felicia smirked. "Touche'. You've got jokes, girl." She took something off of her belt. "Peter told me to give you this." Gwen took the white fabricated object from Cat's hands. It was a Spider-Man mask...but it was white, and the eye tracing was dark pink.
Gwen's jaw dropped as she looked at this new mask. "Is this mine?" she asked excitedly. "My own mask?"
Felicia nodded. "Made it myself. Though, I can't take all the credit, because Parker designed it." Gwen slid it over her face. "It has all the features that Spidey-baby's mask has: eye tracking for style, enhancement on your spider sense, and it can pick up on certain signals that most frequencies can't reach."
Gwen looked around at her environment with her "new eyes." "This is so freaking cool!" she exclaimed. She pulled her hood over her head and looked at Felicia. "How do I look?"
Cat bit her lip. "If I was bisexual I might kiss you," she said. Gwen raised her eyebrow and giggled. Felicia shook her head. "Sorry, but I've got an obsessive identity disorder. Anything Spider-Man?" She licked her lips. "I can't help myself... I'm going to therapy for it, but it's still kinda strong, so don't be alarmed if I start staring at your mask with lust."
Gwen gave a thumbs up and laughed awkwardly. "Duly noted. So what are we doing?"
Felicia pulled a touch screen device out of her belt and began fidgeting with it. "We're doing a little hunting today. With the city on lockdown, we have no one to really try and spot us."
Gwen looked at the screen. "Who are we tracking?" she asked.
"Well," she started, "we can't track Otto because his technology is run by brain waves. We can't track Kraven, Rhino, or Vulture, because their tech doesn't use frequencies of any sort. I would try Dillon, but he's electrical and unfortunately my device to track him isn't finished yet, dammit."
"What about Gargan?" Gwen asked. "Scorpion, right? You could track him?"
Felicia thought to herself for a moment. "If I used a spectrograph, I could pick up traces of his venom vapor. Good thinking, Stacy." Gwen felt great about herself. She actually impressed the Black Cat.
They ran across rooftops following the hot spectrograph signals. Gwen wanted to make small talk along the way so it wouldn't be awkward. "So, how long have you been doing...what you do?" she asked her.
"Oh, about three years," Felicia responded. "Me and Spider-baby met each other shortly after...you and he separated. We dated for a bit, but my criminal stuff and obsession was too much for him."
Gwen nodded in understanding. Peter and Felicia dated? She guessed that would make sense, since he and her were partners in fighting crime for like six months. "So, how old are you now?" Gwen asked.
"I'm seventeen," Cat answered.
"What?!" Gwen exclaimed. "I'm older than you? You seem so..."
"Mature?" Felicia said, completing Gwen's sentence. "I get that a lot. My dad was super tall and a helluva lot better thief than I am, so I guess it sort of passed on to me."
The tracker soon began to vibrate, which meant that they had found them. Gwen and Felicia were looking at an old abandoned storage building, except it wasn't so abandoned anymore. Felicia reached in her belt to get a handful of GPS trackers and a comlink. "Take these," Felicia said.
Gwen grabbed them and looked at Felicia with an eyebrow raised. "You're not coming?"
Felicia grinned. "Oh, don't worry, you've got this."
"Black Ca-- Felicia, I've never actually done something like this before," Gwen said. "I've only ever sort of kicked someone from the side."
Cat smirked. "Well, this'll help you with stealth training," she said. "If your gonna be a spider person, then you need to loosen yourself up a little. If anything goes wrong, just shout for help, and we'll kick some ass. Just be like a ghost: not seen, not heard..." Felicia grinned again. "Be a Ghost-Spider."
Gwen rocked her head side to side. "Well when you put it like that, it sounds kinda cool." She swung to the roof and snuck in. She attached the com to her ear. "Alright, I'm in," she said.
Felicia smiled at her naturality. "Okay," she said, "those trackers are carbon fiber and Kevlar static magnets. They won't feel them, see them, or hear them. All you have to do is drop them onto them."
"Okay," Gwen said quietly. She took a deep breath and exhaled. I can do this, she thought to herself. I can do this.
She crawled on the ceiling and looked down at the four that were in the building. Otto wasn't there, but the other nut jobs were. Vulture was asleep in a chair. Using her spider sense to her advantage, she got directly above him and dropped a tracker onto him. One down, four to go.
Rhino walked by minding his own business. He was a walking tank. Every step he took shook the earth. Kraven was sitting down, polishing one of his knives. Rhino looked at Kraven and laughed out loud. "Polishing your weapons does not make them any more deadly," he said.
Kraven cursed at him in Russian and spat at his foot. "I like to see reflection of my victims when they die," he said. He pointed the knife toward him. "When we are done, I will plunge knife into you, and I will see reflection of you."
Rhino chuckled and cursed at him in Russian. "I would like to see you try."
Scorpion saw the fight that was about to break out and rushed over. While he was running, Gwen tossed a tracker to him and saw it land on him.
Rhino began to push Kraven with one of his hands and chuckled. She dropped a tracker on him with ease. Kraven was the only one left.
She moved the tracker in her hand, which was a big mistake. It hit her pressure pad in her palm, and a web shot from her wrist to an empty paint can. She cringed as it banged to the floor. The criminals turned to the noise.
"What was that?" Kraven asked.
Scoripion began to chuckle. "Oh, kill time, senors... Time to muerto..."
Rhino began to rage. "I will kill them!!!" He charged the table that the paint can was sitting on and flipped it. "Where are you, trespasser!?!"
Gwen had one chance to get a tracker on Kraven. She dropped it on his shoulder. He felt an itch from it landing on him and he looked to see if something landed on him. He looked up to see if something fell from the ceiling, but Gwen was already outside of the building leaving the group to argue among themselves. She didn't even realize that there was one missing.
Gwen swung back to Felicia and began giggling. "I just did that!"
Felicia smirked. "You sure did...great job. We might make a superhero out of you yet...Spider-Gwen."
Gwen felt good about herself again. She was impressing everyone with her new spider-person powers. First Pete, now Black Cat. They rushed across the rooftops to head back to Osborn manor.

Otto watched them from a ways off. "She's discovering her powers more and more," he told the silent whispers of the arms. "Our fight against them is a whole lot more interesting now... No matter...we have a pawn on our chess board that they don't have."
One of the arms brought Kurt to him face to face. "Right, old friend?"

From further away, Max looked on at everything that was going on. He felt fury at how Otto humiliated him in front of everybody. He could kill everyone right here...the spider chick, the burglar, Otto, Kurt... Everyone!
The only thing was, he would have to do something he didn't want to in order to achieve his goal.
He would have to team up with the spider...and he couldn't be more unhappy.