Chapter 12-Enter Kurt Connors

Peter, Otto, and Felicia got ready to fight the Lizard. The large creature began to crawl quickly towards the building. Soon, he would start climbing up, and try to kill them. All he had to do was try and save MJ. He wouldn't know what he would do if she got killed because of him. Even if she didn't die, it would be the Gwen situation all over again.
Suddenly, Peter felt his phone buzz. Who would be calling him at a time like this? As he pulled out his phone, the contact was the biggest surprise to him. He answered it and put it up to his ear, still keeping his eye on the Lizard and MJ. "Gwen, this is really bad timing. What do you want?"
She looked at the TV to see what was going on live. "Peter, you do realize that your in the building that the Lizard is going to, right?" she asked.
Peter raised an eyebrow. "How do you know I'm...never mind that. Gwen, is there something important you need to tell me?"
"What is going on, Pete? Why is it after you?"
Peter shook his head. "It wants to kill me for some reason. It has MJ. I don't know why it's doing this. I have to stop him now, Gwen."
Gwen's heart sank as she heard those words. "It has MJ?!"
Peter shook his head, hung up, and put his phone back in his pocket. Gwen closed her eyes and wondered whether she should do the thing she wanted to do. She felt angry. "Screw it," she mumbled to herself. She dialed a number into her phone and stuck it up to her ear.
"Delta airlines, how may I help you?" the voice on the other side said.
"Yes, I'd like to buy a ticket for a one way trip to New York City please," Gwen said.
"Of course, ma'am. And when would you like to embark on your flight?"
Gwen looked at her watch. It was currently 5 in the morning. "7:00 AM please. I'm in a bit of a hurry."

The lizard began to crawl fiercely up the side of the building. Peter activated his com. "Harry, you need to get that antidote up to us whenever you can!"
"Gotcha, Pete. I'm a little busy at the moment. I'll be there in a moment," Harry replied. He was preparing his suit and glider for a fight. Tonight, he would become what his father failed to be: a hero.
Peter put on his Spiderman mask and looked at Felicia. "God, that turns me on..." she said with a grin. Peter shook his head and chuckled.
He looked over at Otto. Otto looked back at him and let his mechanical arms get closer to the edge. "Don't look at me. I'll admit it looks badass but it doesn't turn me on."
The lizard began to run faster and faster up the building, keeping MJ tucked under his arm. Peter leapt over the edge and dive bombed towards the hulking reptile. He let his fist drive into its snout, and it growled in pain. Trying to reach MJ by crawling over him, Peter felt his claws wrap around his leg. The lizard slammed Spider-Man into the side of the building. Spidey winced from the pain of glass shards digging in his back from the windows. "Thissssss time, I'll make sssssure to kill youuuuu!!! But beforrre that, I'll make you ssssssuffer by devouring youuurrrr precioussssss Misssss Watsssson...." The lizard said. He raised his arm back, ready to stick his claws into Peter's throat, but it got pulled back by a mechanical arm. He looked up at who was operating it, and saw Otto walking on the side of the building with them.
"On the contrary," Peter said, "you won't be killing anyone tonight."
"Otto, youuuu ssssssslime!!!!!" it growled. Lizard grabbed the arm and pulled Otto towards him. Before he could do anything else, he felt a sharp pain go into his shoulders. He turned his head and saw Felicia on his back with two knives dug into his muscles.
"How's round three fairing for you?" she asked, licking her lips.
Lizard began to get angry. He grabbed Peter and threw him up the building, landing him on the rooftop. Spidey shook his head to get rid of the pain, and looked back over the edge to see Felicia and Otto fighting the Lizard on the side of Oscorp. He activated his com. "Harry, we're getting our asses handed to us. Where the hell is the antidote at?"
Harry was still preparing his equipment. "Give me a second!"
Peter sighed. Okay, Peter, he thought to himself. You can do this...it's only your organs, and bones, and muscles, and blood... Nothing major.
He went over to the edge and saw Felicia getting thrown over the building. Using his spider sense, he webbed her and pulled her down to the rooftop again. She landed and went over to him. "How's doc doing?" he asked.
"Um," she started. Soon, the Lizard got thrown to the rooftop. He snarled at Otto, who was walked over the edge back on the rooftop with his mechanical arms. "Look for yourself," she finished.
Lizard got up and roared, ready to pounce on everybody. He threw MJ's unconscious body at Peter. As he caught her he webbed her up and put her on a safe spot on the roof. "After I get rid of Connorssssss, I'll make enoughhh project xsssss for the entire world toooo endulge." He took his wicked tongue and licked his sharp, jagged teeth. "The world will livvvvve without weaknessssss.... No more humanssssss. A new era of Reptilessssss for the earth!!! No more metahumanssss...and I'm going to sssstart with you, Par..."
Suddenly, the Lizard's words were cut off by a orange grenade crashing and exploding into its face. Peter, Otto, and Felicia looked up to see Harry on a hoverglider much like his dad's with an orange hood instead of a purple one. There was no green mask to hide his face...only red goggles.
"No one's killing anyone tonight," Harry said. Peter smirked as Harry tossed the antidote to him. "How about we stop this son of a bitch?"
Peter turned to the Lizard. "Like the look, by the way," he said to his friend. "A little bit of a surprise."
"Thanks."
Peter looked over at Otto and Felicia as they got ready to finish this fight once and for all. They were all tired, but they needed to do this. They all rushed him at once, trying to force him down to administer the antidote. The Lizard easily shook all of them off to leave him and Otto the only two standing.
The creature growled at his former colleague. It saw a damaged wire that was emitting sparks and knew exactly how to take Otto down. "I'm guesssssing that youuuuuur technology is neural, hmmm?" the Lizard asked. Otto frowned, trying to overpower him with his arms, but the effort was not good enough, and it stuck the hot wire into Otto's earpiece. Otto passed out from the electricity going into his neural cavity, causing brain damage.
"Otto!" Felicia shouted at her ally. The Lizard rose and roared at her.
"I think that round three is going good..." he snarled with a gravelly chuckle.
Black Cat grabbed stun grenades from her belt. "Baby, round three hasn't even started yet!"
Harry rushed Kurt with Felicia, which allowed Peter to check on Otto. He was in rough shape. Otto and MJ had both been hurt tonight...Peter had to stop this now, but how was he going to get the antidote in?
"His hide is too thick," Peter said to himself. "How am I going to get this needle into him?"
Peter jumped back to where Harry and Felicia were fighting the giant reptile. When he reached the top, he saw Felicia fighting the Lizard. Seeing those jaws snap up and down at his friends gave him an idea.
"I bet his mouth is soft enough to deliver an injection to.
Felicia threw her last stun grenade, which the Lizard smacked out of the way. Harry took out his knife ready to attack, but the Lizard just swatted him away as well. It grabbed Felicia with one hand and got ready to plunge his teeth into her flesh. "Round three is won, bitch...." he said, opening his mouth wide. Before he could bite down, Peter got in between him and Felicia and stuck the needle into his tongue.
"Guess again, bitch," Peter said, injecting his tongue with antidote. He took the syringe back out and threw it away. The lizard dropped Felicia and began to shutter.
"No...no...NO!!!" he growled and whined. He began to convulse on the ground and shrink. His scales disappeared, his tale disappeared, his snout disappeared, and even his arm disappeared. Every bit of the Lizard was gone, leaving Kurt Connors in the Lizard's torn clothing. Kurt looked around and looked at himself. He put his hands over his face, feeling his skin. "He's gone," Kurt said. Peter smiled at his mentor. Kurt was back to normal again.
Harry limped towards his friends with a smirk. "Good to have you back, doc," he said.
Kurt's expression grew serious. "Oh no, Otto... Mary Jane..."
They all looked at Otto, whose neck was black and burnt from the hot wire hitting him. Peter felt his neck for a pulse. "Hold on, Otto," he said to his unconscious body. "We'll get you help." He glanced over at MJ's body and ran over in her direction. Harry followed him closely behind. Felicia stayed back with Otto and Kurt.
Peter picked up MJ's body and began to remove the webbing with Harry's help. He tilted her head up and placed his hand on the cheek of her face. "MJ, wake up," he said while gently shaking her. "MJ, it's me," he whispered.
Slowly, her eyes began to open. She tiredly looked at Peter's face as he removed his mask. Harry smiled as his two friends, who were madly in love with each other, stared at each other. She looked over at Harry and smirked.
"My heroes," she said weakly with a giggle. She pressed her lips against Peter's for a brief moment and tearily moved into a hug with him.
It was over....
It was finally over.