Stay With Me P.58 (Jaeten)💖

The autumn breeze rustled the leaves of the tall trees lining the university campus, carrying with it a hint of nostalgia and change. Jaehyun and Ten strolled side by side, their laughter echoing through the air as they reminisced about their early days of friendship. The two had an undeniable bond, a connection built on shared interests, mutual respect, and an unspoken understanding. They were the dynamic duo of mischief, inseparable since the day they met.

Jaehyun, with his mischievous grin and twinkling eyes, had always been the prankster of the duo. From the classic plastic-wrap-on-the-toilet-seat trick to the more elaborate schemes that involved fake spiders and hidden whoopee cushions, he had an uncanny ability to keep Ten on his toes. Ten, on the other hand, was no stranger to retaliation. He had quickly learned to dish out what he was given, and their friendly banter only solidified their bond.

Their latest escapade had been Jaehyun's idea, as usual. He had proposed a prank for the NCT YouTube channel, a fake snake in a shoebox. It was all in good fun, a way to entertain their growing online audience and keep their friendship dynamic fresh. Ten had agreed, though with a subtle hint that he might have something up his sleeve as well.

As they set up the camera for their video shoot, Ten couldn't help but feel a twinge of excitement. He loved the playful rivalry they shared, and he was looking forward to the challenge of outwitting Jaehyun this time. As they started recording, he carefully placed the shoebox near their filming setup, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

"Hey, everyone! It's Ten and Jaehyun here," Ten greeted the camera with his signature charm. "Today, we've got a special prank lined up. Jaehyun thinks he's the king of pranks, but I've got something that'll catch him off guard."

Jaehyun grinned, his eyes glinting mischievously. "Oh, come on, Ten. You know you can't beat me at my own game."

The banter flowed naturally as they continued recording, each trying to one-up the other with witty comments and exaggerated reactions. The shoebox prank played out perfectly, with Ten revealing the fake snake just as Jaehyun went to grab a prop from the box. The moment was captured on camera, their laughter infectious and genuine.

But then came the turning point, the moment when the playful facade began to crack. Ten's remarks took an unexpected turn, his teasing crossing a line into something sharper, more personal. The fake snake had barely been revealed when Ten exclaimed, "Maybe if you spent less time pranking and more time studying, you'd pass a test for once."

Jaehyun's laughter faltered, his eyes widening in surprise. For a moment, he struggled to find his usual retort, caught off guard by the unexpected jab. The atmosphere shifted, a tension settling between them as the camera continued to roll.

Ten's grin began to fade, replaced by a look of realization as he registered Jaehyun's reaction. He had meant it as a joke, a playful dig, but he hadn't anticipated the impact it would have. As the seconds ticked by, he noticed the hurt in Jaehyun's eyes, and the words he had just spoken hung heavily in the air.