Stay With Me P.164 (Lumin)💖

NCT 2020 was in full swing, and the members were having the time of their lives. Games, shows, and various activities kept them busy, but also brought them closer together as a group. It was a time for laughter, bonding, and creating memories that would last a lifetime. Among the members, Lucas remained true to his roots, staying close to Jungwoo and WayV, while Jaemin found himself drawn to NCT Dream. Though they had always known each other and gotten along well, it wasn't until the middle of the NCT games that Jaemin and Lucas began to grow closer.

The atmosphere was electric as the members gathered for another round of games. Jaemin and Lucas found themselves on the same team, and they couldn't help but exchange playful banter and competitive glances. The fans noticed the chemistry between them, and soon enough, they began to ship the two. Social media was abuzz with fan art, fanfiction, and hashtags dedicated to the budding "LuMin" ship. As the games progressed, the teasing from their fellow NCT members only intensified. Mark and Johnny were particularly relentless, making sly comments and winking at Jaemin and Lucas whenever they were in the same frame during broadcasts. It was all in good fun, and Jaemin and Lucas took it in stride, their friendship deepening with each passing day.

One evening, after a particularly grueling game of dodgeball that left them both breathless and sweaty, Jaemin and Lucas found themselves alone in the dressing room. The rest of the members had gone to grab some snacks, leaving the two of them to catch their breath and recover from the intense match.

Lucas sat on a bench, his chest heaving as he wiped sweat from his brow. Jaemin, still panting, plopped down beside him, their shoulders touching. They exchanged tired smiles, the adrenaline from the game still coursing through their veins.

"That was intense," Jaemin said between gasps for air.

Lucas nodded, his dark eyes locking onto Jaemin's. "Yeah, but we make a great team."

Jaemin chuckled. "We do, don't we?"

Their eyes remained locked for a moment longer than necessary, and a warm, comfortable silence settled between them. It was then that Lucas felt a strange fluttering in his chest, an unfamiliar sensation that he couldn't quite place. He had always enjoyed Jaemin's company, but this felt different—more intense, more personal.

Jaemin seemed to sense the shift in the air as well. He turned his gaze away, his cheeks tinted with a faint blush. "You know," he began hesitantly, "I've been meaning to ask you something."

Lucas raised an eyebrow, curious. "What is it?"

Jaemin took a deep breath, his fingers nervously fidgeting with the hem of his t-shirt. "Well, with all the teasing and ship stuff going on, I wanted to know how you felt about it."

Lucas tilted his head, trying to read Jaemin's expression. "About the ship?"

Jaemin nodded, his eyes finally meeting Lucas's again. "Yeah, about us being shipped together. Does it bother you?"