Chapter 22 - Magnus Chase

What the hell? I thought to myself, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. What the hell was that dream last night? I had a similar one tonight, but he was telling me how he was going to- I can't even finish the sentence, that's how gruesome it was. 

I made my way to the courtyard, careful not to wake Will up as I left. I heard rustling in the trees and I drew my sword, I looked up and in the direction where the sound was the strongest from and slowly put my sword down. 

"Magnus," I said, the boy looked over the side of the tree and fell off. He fell in the bushes, I heard a crack and winced.

"Sorry," I said as I went over to help him get up.

"No worries, I dead remember." he gave a small smile, "I can heal it."

He put his hand over his ankle, took a deep breath and he began to glow, I watched as the ankle snapped back into place but he barely winced. "Cool, Will can do that too though."

He gave a smile, I saw his necklace pulling him. "I think Jack wants us to go this way."

"The necklace?" he nodded. I gave a curt nod. "Cool, sounds like death. Let's go."

"Why do you want to go there then?"

"Cause death is death and it's fun to inflict pain on others." I gave a creepy smile, he looked confused, horrified, anguish and just confused. "Anyway, Death you said. Let's go."

I followed the pendant who was pulling him towards the back of the forest. We were making our way to the shrieking shack. I stopped, that's me and Leo's man cave- well Angelos too but she comes uninvited so- "No need to go there." I said pointing to the shack. 

"Why not?"

"Cause I said so,"

"But I want to."

"No."

"Why?"

"The werewolf that lives there won't allow it." 

"So?"

"I said no."

"Look, there's a light on let go," he said with a grin.

Dam it Leo. I gave a stiff grin. "Okay, fine, grab on." I held my arm out and he looped his arm with mine. I shadow traveled to the house and we walked in. "Here you are the mancave of the shrieking shack." there was no talking this Beantown out of going back. 

He gasped and unclipped his necklace, it shifted into a sword. "Hello, I'm Jack Manus's sword, sweet place. Maybe we should sing My House By Flo Rida."

Magnus grimaced. "No, we're good."

I walked over and plopped down on one of the bean bags. A robot brought me a Diet Coke. Leo went all out for this, Jeezus, this place is amazing. "Do you want anything magnus?"

"No- do you have chocolate?" A blinker flipped off in a cupboard, he opened it and there were all assortments of chocolate. He grinned from ear to ear as he searched for a bar of chocolate. There was a groan and a crash.

"Leo! You good bud?"

"Nico?" he called back. 

"Yeah, your master is here."

"Shut up." there was then laughter. "I fixed the thing up, I love this project." 

"Well, at least you have something to keep yourself busy with. Maggie is here by the way."

"Who?"

"Magg-" 

"- Magnus Chase!" Magpie interrupted me

"Asshole," I told him, he made a face, it reminded me of that one meme that said Dis mae sexhe faece  - Meme above-

"Whatever," he said stuffing his face with chocolate. 

"So, what were you doing outside?" I asked. He swallowed the rest of his chocolate and licked his teeth from behind his lips. He wiped his face with his sleeve and then spoke.

"It makes me feel closer with my mom and dad, more my mom though. My dad is Frey, the god of peace and fertility."

"Well, then we're polar opposites, mines the god of the dead and precious metals. I use shadows as my magic."

"What were you doing up?"

"My sister loved the outdoors." I paused. "I also had a nightmare and fresh air helps with that."

"Loved?"

"She's dead, as well as my mother. I have my half-sister Hazel but she seems to together it's as if she's the older one, well she is but I mean by the time she died she stopped aging, anyway, right now I'm older but she's older. He scrunched up his face in confusion, I laughed. "It doesn't matter, she's off with her boy- Fiancee anyway."

"I thought she was like fourteen."

"Yeah, they're waiting for her to be of Legal age nowadays before getting married."

"I guess that's good for her. My cousin is preggo," he said.

"Annabeth?"

"Yeah," he replied taking another bite of chocolate.

"Yeah, I know, it's kind of Will and I's fault they found out a few weeks ago." there was silence, I took a drink of my soda and looked around the room. Leo came in with a smile on his face and his nose on fire.

"Leo, you got a little something there.."

"Oh yeah, I'll get that," he patted it out and looked at us. "You guys sound depressed, come here, I figured out how we can maybe make a loophole in the deaths."

I perked up. "But the Perish part is inevitable. "

He sighed, "I know but the other one with the one you trust."

"They both perish," Maggie said.

"I mean I made a somewhat physicians cure, I call it- Leo's  cure."

I rolled my eyes. "tell me."

"Here," he said handing me a blue vile. "If you regester this to the person they'll come back from the brink, but you need someone else to finish it off and heal them, this is a two-person job, if you don't get to them in time they will die."

"Leo, you're amazing."

He smiled and put his hands on his hips, "I know," he then went serious, "heed my warning, you have two minutes to give them the vile and have someone heal them or else they are lost to your fathers relm."

I gulped. "Do- do you have another,"

"I am making another, I have the notes and the formulas, I'll hold on to this in my belt until the battle." he smiled and then went back to work. 

I took a deep breath, I can't believe people underestimate that Latino Elf, he may be smarter than Annabeth. He found a way to help bring them back.