Chapter 7- Golden Eyes

By the time dinner rolled around I was exhausted, to say the least. It's not like I said much other than I don't know, do you want me to kill you? or As Solace. Most kids just stayed away after that dramatic entrance I had. 

Will tried to force me to eat dinner, it started the same as always. "Nico..." the warning voice then. "Nico, please." the concerned voice trying to guilt me into eating.

"I'm not hungry Solace," I said crossing my arms.

"Nico."

"William."

"Nicola."

"Wilson."

"That's not my name," he whined.

"Neither is Nicola." I mimicked his whiney voice. He pouted and made tears come to his eyes.

"Why must you be so mean?" he asked making a tear run down his face. Fuck, not this again.

I groaned and leaned forward so that I was centimeters away from his lips. "Because I love you. Stop fake crying it's rude." I leaned back and grabbed a napkin drying the tears. He gave me a lopsided smile and let out a breath.

"Fine, you got me. But Nico Di Angelo, Eat child."

"I'm not hungry."

"Then when are you going to eat?"

I leaned towards his ear. "You, later tonight," I said my lips brushing the skin of his neck and kissed below his ear. 

I heard him gulp and when I looked at him he was bright red. I laughed and grabbed a roll of bread and some sausage. I cut the bread in half and also cut the sausage down the middle. I then put the sausage inside the two halves of bread with some Chimichurri and ate it. I haven't had Churi pan since I was a boy.

"Oh yeah, Nico, eat that sausage," Percy said with a smirk.

I choked on my food and debated whether or not to throw water at him but he'd just stay dry. I looked at Angelos. "Smack him," I said once I stopped choking. Will was now tomato red and the others were chuckling. She smiled and raised her hand at an unsuspecting Percy who was now trying way to close to his bowl of pasta.

She smacked the back of his head and his face splatted into the bowl of pasta. I let out a laugh and so did the rest of the Demigod table - plus elf and dwarf- table. I had to lean against Will who just wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me allowing a slight blush to appear on my face. 

I looked around and saw that they were all looking at us. "What?" I asked nervously.

"Nothing, you're just so cute," Alex said. "Why can't you be like that Magnus?" he asked him.

Monday looked at him. "Come on, I try to hold your hand and to almost bite my head off as a tiger."

"Wait you can shapeshift?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah," he crossed his arms. "Is there a problem with that?"

I shook my head. "Dude, your mythomaniac card would be so cool. You'd probably have around 1000 attack points with 500 healing. Do you think there's a Norse gods deck?" I asked excitedly.

They looked at me in amazement and Percy spoke up. "You never did grow up did you?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"Excuse me?" I asked I would've crossed my arms but I guess Will did that for me.

"I mean that you may have grown up quickly because of... but you still kept a piece of your childhood with you. Don't ever lose that. Please." he said adding a lopsided smile.  

I looked at him for a while and I started shaking. I held my breath till I was red in the face before I let it out. I laughed. "I- I'm sorry. But- I- I can't-t take you s-seriously w-with pasta s-sauce on your face."

Soon enough they were all laughing at Percy again who just gave a lopsided smile and continued eating.

As we laid in bed I held onto Will, I don't know why but something felt off. Like something bad was going to happen and I was going to lose him. Like there was this shadow lingering to take me away from him.

----------------------------

The next day I was sitting in the corner of the room listening to Will tell the students how to make a splint -yes again, they need to learn, it doesn't take an hour, it takes about four with the practice and real-life situations- for the last few hours. I leaned my head back and tried to close my eyes, but every time I did I heard screams running through my head. My hairs stood up and I flinched awake.

Every once and awhile I would see them glance at me with concern but I ignored it, I don't need pity. I stood up and my head was pounding. I leaned against the wall to steady myself upright, - I wouldn't say 'steady myself straight,' I mean come on, look at me, I'm gay- and  I got some worried glances from Angelos and Will.

I'm kind of surprised Angelos is still here after watching him do the same thing fifty times in a row. -No, he didn't demonstrate fifty times but students are forgetful so maybe- Anyway, I felt Angelos hold me up as I held my head. 

I felt the darkness approaching. "Get me, ARGH! OUT!!" I cried. I held my head in my hands and groaned.  She put an arm around my shoulder and dragged me out, she tried to get me to the shrieking shack, but I couldn't last, It was as if the darkness was trying to... escape me?

"Get... The- Students.... away." I croaked as I fell to the ground. She looked at me in shock. "NOW!" I said and withered on the ground. She nodded and began to stop people from running towards me. I saw Will through blurry eyes and let out a hoarse Will... before I let out an unearthly scream, I thought I heard some window panes break but I paid no attention to that but more to the pain I was feeling now.

It was as if someone was stabbing me with a million glass shards, each digging into my skin, each more painful than the last. I felt myself being lifted up, no, I was floating. I felt the shadows swirl around me.

"This is it," I whispered. "This is the end."

"It may be," A raspy voice said. "young demigod."

I saw golden eyes, then nothing. Darkness engulfed me, is this really death?