Chapter 9- Morning Stroll

Nico's POV:

After dinner Will walked me to a dorm. "Did you have to walk me here?" I asked annoyed.

He sighed and opened the door, "No, I sleep here too." he walked in and held the door open. I flushed red with embarrassment. 

"I thought it was only one room."

"Nope, it's me you and Jason so far."

"But I don't know him," I said. What if he finds out?

"Yes you do, you just... don't remember." he got a faraway look. He sighed, "Excuse me. Goodnight." he said and closed himself into a room. I looked around for a room and saw one across the hall. My clothes along with another bag full of clothes were in there, I walked over to it and opened it. It said William Solace inside the bag. 

"What's his bag and my bag doing together?" I whispered.

I sighed and listened, it was quiet. "He doesn't know?" I heard a deep voice say.

I quietly unsheathed my sword. "No, I can't force it either." replied another, Will.

What are they talking about? 

"I get it, the same thing happened with Piper and I, except Juno gave her fake memories... anyway, everything worked out fine."

"You don't get it Grace!" he shouted. "You can't." his voice was breaking and it sounded as if he was crying. I heard sniffles and I sighed.

Why do I always bring pain?

"Help me understand," Jason said.

"I- I, look it took me more than one quest to be able to warm up to him. I've known him since I was eleven when I first met him. We were at the battle of the Labarith and he passed out from so much underworld magic." I remember that I don't remember much after passing out. "I tended to him seeing as no one else wanted to, but I mean look at him, he may look mean and scary but he's the biggest softy ever." he laughed and sniffled. "When he woke up he told me to bug off and he shadow traveled away, but I couldn't miss the way he looked at Percy when he was ten. That's when I knew that I had a chance, he was like me. But every year Percy got hotter and Nico fell harder."

I sighed. He's right, I'm not for him.

"But then I told myself to keep trying, what I'm getting at is that I will wait for him, for as long as it takes. What's another year. I've waited longer for him... and if he moves on then, I'll be right behind him, still loving him, forever."

"I- I'm sorry. Let us know if you need anything."

I heard a door close and some footsteps walk away. Another door opened and closed. I heard some small stifled sobs. I wanted to comfort him but I knew that would only make things worse.

I laid in bed and I slowly drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------

The next day I heard a shower running and I woke up to sunlight flooding the room. I groaned and tried to roll over. I heard the shower shut then there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I groaned out.

I saw Wills head pop in but I closed my eyes again. "I'm just getting my stuff if you don't mind."

"Not at all," I said my eyes still closed I heard some shuffling and I opened my eyes. I was bright red. "Um..." I gulped.

"Yes?" he said looking over, "did you say something?" he turned to me.

Sweet mother of baby Jesus. I shook my head and hid my face under the covers. "All good, just- tired." I choked out. It must be illegal to be that good looking. Like dam.

"Alright..." he said. I heard some more shifting then the door closed. I took a few seconds before I peeked out from under my covers. Shit, that was hard - that's what she said, damit Nico, stop being inappropriate -I swear to god I almost got a nose bleed. I thought that only happened in Animes.

I got dressed and waited for my embarrassment to go down. I left my room, "Hey, How'd you sleep?" Jason asked.

"Good, thanks wonder boy."

"Wonderboy?"

I shrugged. "Don't know, you have this curious look on your face all the time."

"Hey Nico," Will said walking up to us with a smile on his face. "Can we um, take a walk?"

What? Why does he want to spend time with me? "Um, sure?"

"Great!" he said with a bright smile and dragged me out of the common room. We walked in silence till we got somewhere, where there was a lake. "So... I wanted to ask you something."

"Um, sure," I said with a slight blush on my cheeks.

"Do you uh, want to - um- go on a...." he mumbled the last word and blushed to look at the ground.

"A what?"

"..." another whisper.

"A what!?"

"A date!" he said louder. I looked at him blankly for a while. He then laughed and rubbed the back of his neck, cute. "I mean, we don't have to- it's just I- um..."

I'll be right behind him, still loving him, forever.

"I um, yes," I said stunning the both of us.

He gave a small smile. "You don't have to just-"

"I do!" I said interrupting him. "I do."

He smiled wider. "Alright then dress cozy and I guess I'll have to pick you up around six-thirty."

I smiled and hugged him. "Okay, but seriously, who's that weird lady watching us from over there?"

"I think it may be Angelos."

"The goddess?"

"That's it."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I can't tell you cause telling you things when you have memory loss may make your brain not comprehend it well enough and lose the memory forever." (Again, I'm no doctor.)

"Okay, I guess we can hope I get my memory back on my own," I said solemnly.

 "Hey, we'll get through this, together," he said, he grabbed a hold on my hand and we looked at each other for a while we both blushed. He glanced at our hands and quickly pulled them away. "Sorry," he said.

"It's fine," I said, it somehow felt right. "So, tonight at six or do you have a date?"

"Tonight," he said. I smiled.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you tonight then?"

"Well, that and around the school." he said happily, he leaned down and kissed my cheek. "See you later, death boy." and with that, he walked away, as if he was swept away by winds of sunshine.

I stood there like an idiot with a small smile and holding my hand up to where he kissed me. Oh, gods, I think I'm falling for him.