Chapter 3 - Moment of truth

Will held me as I rocked my self, I may not have known Bianca for a long time but we have gotten closer over the past two months of summer. She's a good friend, she'd never been able to replace Bianca but she is the closest thing - by name- that I'll get to her.

Not only that but someone I trust the most will die. That could be Reyna, Jason, or Will. I can't lose my sister, brother, or my significant annoyance. I pulled away from the embrace and looked at Will, "Someone's going to die. Two people are going to die. Two of my friends."

"Who?" he asked.

I shook my head. "We can't change the future. But I know who one of them is going to be and I can't risk them finding out."

"You don't think I can keep a secret?" he asked with his voice breaking.

I shook my head. "No, I know you can, it's just you make this cute, funny face when you lie."

"No I don't," he said scrunching up his face. His eyebrows furrowed together and his nose and eyes wrinkled. I smiled and kissed his nose. 

"Yes, you do."

"No."

"Yes"

"No.," he said. I moved my lips closer to his, I leaned in and my breath brushed his lips.

"Yes, you do," I said and laughed. Will pushed his lips onto mine, he held the back of my head keeping my head there. I chuckled into the kiss and pulled away slightly to breathe. He placed his forehead on mine and I laughed kissing his cheek.

"William, we have a class to teach," I said, my accent slipped out a little when I spoke, after a heated kiss that sometimes happens. 

Will blushed and stuck his head into the crook of my neck. I twirled his hair and shadow traveled us to my office. He stumbled as he fell out of my embrace with a clash. I had to keep myself from laughing as a bowl of Hersey's Kisses fell on his head.

Well, just the contents fell on his head. He grumbled as he rubbed his head, I put my hand out and helped him up. I looked at the watch Bob got me and saw that it was almost time for me to start the class. I don't have anything planned. I guess I'll wing it.

"Nico..." Will warned. "You aren't strong enough to just travel whenever you want yet."

I frowned. "Excuse me?" I crossed my arms. "I fought in three wars and survived. I am the reason we survived."

He sighed. "I know but you also almost died, I can't lose you, not again. I can't- I don't know if- if I can handle it," he said, his voice breaking and a tear sliding down his cheek.

I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. "I'm sorry. You're right, it's not fair for you to keep being worried after every time I use my powers. Let's see if my dad could help or maybe even Hecate."

"What for?"

"So I can use my powers without having to strain myself. Considering my dad is the reason I have these powers maybe he'll help. Or Hecate who is the Goddess of Magic." I tried to reason.

He sighed."I guess you're right, I just don't want to see you get hurt." 

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Don't worry Solace, everything will be fine."

We stayed in each other embrace until we heard the scraping of chairs and books being set down. I sighed as we pulled away from each other but all was fine once he kissed my cheek. I smiled and we left the office, walking down the steps of the office to the Classroom I stood while Will sat at my teacher's desk. I shot him a glare as he touched my Mythomagic cards, he just smiled in response. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.