Chapter 29.5- intergalactic games pt.1

Percy~

713 years ago~

"Luke, I swear, if you don't get back on the track and run the last 17 laps, I'm going to pour ice down your back," Percy said.

"You know, that would actually be very pleasant. Chop-chop peasant." Luke told Percy.

Percy's eyes narrowed at Luke who smirked, "Cosmic ice."

The smirk on Luke's face immediately disappeared and his face turned pale, "ok, ok, ok. Calm down Perce."

"On the track."

He raised his hands up in defeat and walked back to the track before jogging.

"RUN YOU BAG OF POTATOES" Percy called to Luke.

"BE QUIET YOU WEIRDLY SHAPED CANTALOUPE!" Luke called back.

"LOOK, RUNNING 100 LAPS IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT LISTENING TO YOU TWO YELL IS EVEN WORSE. SHUT UP YOU ANNOYING ORANGES." Clara yelled, obviously very annoyed.

"Ok!" Percy and Luke squeaked like mice.

*****

"Ugh, Percy, why can't we do 50 laps instead of 100? The track is already 1000 Earth miles long!" Noah complained.

"And your point is?" Percy questioned.

"It's too much! We're tired."

"Well, then you're gonna be a whole lot more tired when we do the Intergalactic Games," Percy replied.

"But-!"

"Look, guys, the games are 6 months away- I think- ".

"You THINK?" Clara asked.

"And We've only done it once, and we need to practice since that was 100 years ago. We'll probably see the people that were there last time since in most galaxies they live until 500, and we need to beat them. We won a second-place to the people from planet Twilight in the star galaxy last year and-".

"Hey! They were really good!!" Clara argued.

"Yeah, but they beat us. I think that if we train tirelessly non stop every single day we can beat them this time. With limited time for bathroom breaks and food of course." Zoë added.

"No sleep?" Monica asked.

Zoë thought about it for a second,

"6 hours".

Luke turned to look at her, "oh, not you too!" He groaned.

"Yes me too. Now can thou turn around and shutteth up?" Zoë said back.

Luke turned back around, still groaning.

"Zoë raised some very strong points about training nonstop though..." Juan said, walking through the door with a plate of brownies and something green.

"Juan, what did I say about freaking carbs? Get those away from here before I smack your hand and take them" Silena glared at Juan while somehow staring at the brownies at the same time.