Chapter 6- Mission

"Do you think he'll join us today?" Clara, the one blessed with powers of the sky asked.

"You know it's a tough day for him. We should give him some space." The girl who's name teetered between 'Dove' and 'Silena' answered, doing a roundhouse into the kicking pads her boyfriend, Forge, were holding.

"I feel so bad for him. It's been so long and yet he still hasn't forgotten a single detail from his time at that camp." The bitterness in Bianca Di Angelo's voice as she mentioned the renowned demigod 'safe space' was hard to miss. If her brother had heard her say that, he would have been shocked. What happened to his kind sister?

"I'd lull them all to an eternal sleep if I could." Monica, or 'Rhythm', the one blessed with the gift of music mumbled from her corner, where she was doing handstands to practice dealing with blood rushing to her head, just in case she was ever in a scenario where she would need that skill.

"Where's Zoë?" Noah, the resident super genius asked. He was helping Monica with her handstand practice, using his psychic powers to keep her up for as long as she could handle so she wouldn't fall over and have to restart.

Clara scoffed playfully, "Where do you think she is?"

"Minding her business," Luke Castellan, better known as Hero, the second in command answered. "I know you're all worried about Percy but you need to focus on yourselves. Chaos told me we were gonna have an big mission soon and it's important that we're all ready. No slacking."

There were murmurs of apology as everyone tried to refocus on their training, but the previous conversation had left too much of an imprint on them, which alike to notice of.

"Plus, I'm sure he's fine! This isn't the first time he's dealt with this. You guys need to remember how strong your captain is." He told them with a grin.

The atmosphere seemed to get a little lighter.
———

Days turned into months, turned into years, turned into centuries. Before I knew it, I was celebrating my one thousand year anniversary on this planet I called home.

One thousand Years away from home. My family, my friends, everything I knew.

They were right when they said the life of a demigod was filled with nothing but pain.

I was walking around, just walking. Doing nothing more than observing. It's what I did on every anniversary— well at least the ones I remembered.

I dragged my hand along the smooth exterior of the door to the training room, where the rest of my friends were currently doing drills. They probably all thought I was sleeping or something, since they never really remembered the date.

But I could never sleep, not on this day.

On this day where all I could think of were all the good memories I had back on Earth, back at camp.

And all of the bad ones.

I shook my head, turning around. I wasn't in the best headspace right now, and we had a meeting later on in the day, it would be best for me to go back to my room.

I found my way back to my room, putting my hands on the scanner that would allow me entrance.

I waited a few seconds for the beep of approval before entering.

I rubbed my eyes to prevent any tears from slipping. I wouldn't cry over them. I refused.

"You know...It is okay to allow yourself to cry every once in a while," I heard a voice say.

I looked to the direction of my bed, where there was a girl sitting there. She had bronze skin, long dark brown hair, and a strong presence that I didn't see how I had missed when I stepped inside.