Chapter 3- Artemis

I carefully laid the twigs on top of the pre-made salt drawing, trying my hardest to make it as perfect as possible.

Once I finished I stood to see how it looked.

I was no artist, but it wasn't bad.

I then looked back at Lacey and motioned for her to join me, but she rejected my offer, shaking her head "no". I gave her a curious look, she noticed and called out to me "Too scary, you're on your own."

I rolled my eyes and playfully flipped her off for leaving me before continuing to the center of my two crescents, lowering myself into a kneeling position with my head down and my hands clasped as if in a prayer.

As soon as I did that, words started to play in my mind. They were being relayed in a familiar voice- the one I heard in my dreams.

But now it felt more influential.

The words began to pour out of my mouth.

I pledge myself to the goddess Artemis,

"I pledge myself to the goddess Artemis,"

I turn my back on the company of men,

"I turn my back on the company of men,"

Accept eternal maidenhood.,

"Accept eternal maidenhood,"

And join the hunt.

"And join the hunt."

A light breeze flowed through the clearing, Letting my hair flow freely.

Now ask the goddess Artemis to accept your pledge.

"And ask the goddess Artemis to accept my pledge."

That was when what I was saying hit me. I stopped and snapped my head up in a second. "Wait what—?"

I was a little too late.

The wind picked up, blowing things in every direction, including the salt and twigs, which formed a tornado of sorts, with me on it.

"Lacey!" I called out for my friend, shielding my eyes from the salt particles floating around, hoping she would be able to help me.

There was no response, I had no option but to stay in the center of the tornado for the time being until it went away. Holding my breath, I heard footsteps around me. There were a lot, moving to the same rhythm. They were so in sync.

The sound of salt distorted my hearing, making me think this was likely some kind of sound hallucination. I would hear the marching of the footsteps for a few seconds, then they would be gone and I would be left with the 'whoosh' of the salt and sound of the twigs colliding with nearby trees.

Finally, it cleared away. I could finally feel the wind reform into a soft breeze and the salt attacking my forearms calm. My first move, was to flip my hair forward and shake as much of the salt and twigs I could out of it. My next step was to finally take a clean deep breath, free of salt.

"I apologize if that ritual caused you trouble, it's An old method that I had no choice but to revert to." I hear a voice say. An unfamiliar voice.

After I was done collecting myself I looked up, as I was still in my kneeling position. I was face to face with a girl that looked around my age, maybe a year or two younger. She had auburn hair braided neatly in a fishtail braid to the side, silvery yellow eyes, and honestly, she has a really beautiful complexion, with an expression that showed relief.

What exactly was going on.
——————————
Question time

Q:when is Percy's birthday
A:August 18

Q:when is thalia's birthday
A: December 22

Q:when is annabeths birthday
A:July 12

10-9-2018

Edit: this chapter's been edited! Hope you enjoyed!
2-22-2021