0||INTRODUCTION

I chewed my pen, trying to decipher what was found in front of me. A woman's body, splayed across the ground with harsh handprints on her neck. We'll have to wait for the autopsy to find the cause of death but mostly everyone assumes it was a strangulation.

I had already checked for fingerprints, it hadn't been surprising to find that the culprit was, in fact, wearing gloves. That didn't shield me from disappointment though. Why couldn't it be an easy arrest just once?

I examined the woman, trying to look past the handprints on her neck. Her hair was long and blond, natural waves spread in snarls around the concrete. Her features were soft and a small amount of freckles dusted her cheeks. No doubt the woman would be considered pretty to most, perhaps it was a attempt at an assault?

Maybe it was successful then the criminal killed her so she wouldn't blab. No one could ever be sure in the situations, but it was a good place to start.

From the look of her clothes she didn't appear to be wealthy so it could't be anything like that. Someone who was well off would never wear jeans that were ripped from overuse, not for style. Her shirt didn't look new either, the dirt could've easily been from her murder, but the simple top seemed very worn in. Loose thread was hanging from the bottom and the fabric was thinning in multiple places.

The dead giveaway is always the shoes though.

Instead of impeccable white Converse or Vans, she had sneakers that were too small for her feet. Colorful, mismatched socks peeked over the tops of the shoes.

I stopped examining her clothes and moved onto her skin. There didn't appear to be any other marks other then the handprints.

I paused, catching a small glimpse of red on her inner bicep. With my gloved hands, I carefully shifted her body to get a better view. It looked recent, with dried blood coating the top. I thin scab ran from her elbow to her armpit, undoubtably a knife.

Why use a knife? The attacker was clearly stronger than her, able to kill her just using their bare hands. The more I examined the hands, the more they appeared to be male.

They were large, bigger than mine and I've always been told my hands have been large for a female.

"Got anything Detective (L/N)?" A voice broke me out of my thoughts. I turned to see Officer Kaminari standing there with rigid muscles and a tense expression.

I gave him a curious glance, "Don't like the corpse?"

"Nope, uh-uh, not in the least," Kaminari made his thoughts very clear, even more so when he moved a few steps back. "How are you even standing so close? Doesn't it... smell?"

"No," I chuckled at little, "Why did you even take this job if you can't handle seeing stuff like this?"

Kaminari glared at me, "I have nothing wrong with gore, I've seen someone get shot, but I draw the line at dead people."

I shrugged, "Then maybe you should let me handle this, Officer."

"Whatever you say... Detective," Kaminari stuck out his tongue and I couldn't stop myself from making a comment.

"Keep you tongue out and you might catch some dead person germs," I watched in amusement as his face twisted in disgust as his tongue comically shot back into his mouth.

"Back to your earlier question, my guess is an assault," I started off more seriously than before and Kaminari followed my suit, taking on a layer of respect for the murdered woman. "Probably by a man due to the hand size on her neck and the fact she was overpowered. Cause of death: probably strangulation."

Kaminari nodded, glancing at the body and visibly tried not to cringe in discomfort. "Okay, I'll go talk to Chief Kirishima and see what he thinks."

I nodded and Kaminari walked off to talk to the red headed man. I kept staring at the body, my conclusion felt oddly incomplete but I wasn't sure why. Usually after a scene like this I walked away with a solid understanding on what went down, not today.

I was hardly wrong though, that was mainly the reason I was one of the top detectives.

"Poor lady," it was now Ochako's turn to interrupt my thoughts. "An assault probably?"

I nodded at my fellow detective. "That's what I think happened, but does something feel off to you?" I asked, giving the body a long stare, examining her yet again and rechecking my mental list.

The brunettes hair shook as she moved her head no. "This happens all the time," her voice sounded sad, almost paranoid, "Why would this be any different?"

I shrug, "I'm not sure, I can imagine the scene clearly, but this doesn't seem right. I want to see the autopsy as soon as possible."

Ochako nodded slightly, her head swiveled to look at the lady, as if trying to see what I see. "I guess it could be a special case but I don't see anything special right now."

"I don't either, but my gut says there's something more," I replied. Both of us know full well that I follow my gut over my brain.

"Well... if your gut says there's more then there must be more," Ochako says and I couldn't quite figure out is she was being passive aggressive or actually meant it. That there was in fact more.

I eyed the body again, there are ways to figure out who she is... or was... I could discover more about her and finally ease my unreachable itch to learn what really happened.

After all my gut is never wrong.

READ THIS

There is going to be a little gore, nothing too serious.

I've made some of the personalities of my own ideas instead of canon but it's not like I made Bakugou sunshine and unicorns, he's still the idea of the same character.

This is a detective AU! No quirks, no pro heroes, and definitely no hero schools.

There are going to be other characters in this as policeman and such.

In Mineta's case he might be an inmate XD.

There will be cursing, more than in my usual books (curtesy of Bakugou's inner dialogue).

YOU CAN SKIP THE REST

Prologue is up! I finally have been productive and got shit done! I can't believe the fist chapter of this book is finally up ahhh.

I wrote this while watching Game Theory... lol. Just to put myself into an overthinking mood so I could write this with the body.

Let me know if I get details wrong because I don't know much about the law system or how police stations operate. So if you do know how that all works please tell me so I can make this book as accurate as possible.

Thanks for reading! The next chapter should be longer. Bye!