Chapter Eighteen

Zacznij od początku

We stared at each other for a while before his assistant knocked on the door. She looked over at me then she glanced at Wyatt and blushed. I shook my head sit up. I just stayed on the sofa sitting.

"Briar what do you want now," Wyatt wasn't happy.

"You have a meeting in five minutes," She says and looks at me.

Why am I always the nice guy? I am fed up with being this nice guy. I glared at her Wyatt looks at me.

"Briar you can go," She turns and sticks her nose in the air and walks off.

"Riley, are you feeling better?" He asks. I went to stand and lost my balance I fell straight into Wyatt's muscular arms. Feeling them wrapped around me was a feeling that I could vaguely remember.

"I will be alright. Oh, I fainted when Alex told us we are going to be grandparents. He must hate me," I sit back down with my face in my hands. I was welling up with tears. How could I do that to Alex? I wanted to hide away just for a while.

"He's fine. He thought it was the shock of him telling you," He runs his fingers through his hair.

" I need to get to this meeting," He walks over to his desk and picks up a file walks back past me smiles then steps out the door. I compose myself before trying to get up again.

I don't know what happened, but I just felt all weird. I am ecstatic to be a grandmother. I really can't wait.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. I turned the shower on got undressed and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water run down over me before sitting on the floor and hugging my knees. I was trying again to remember. Please I want to remember. I want my memories back. I still can't remember three of my children. What is the point of carrying on if I can't remember the people, I genuinely love? I feel so alone. I start to sob.

"I want my life back," I screamed and sobbed.

I was now leaning against the tiled wall in the shower just banging my head hoping I would remember. The more I pushed myself the more my body went numb. My heart feels cold and broken. I have looked at all the photos and the DVD's of our family, I could see how much Wyatt and I loved each other but I don't feel it. I want to feel it.

I watched one where Wyatt was chasing me around the garden when Blake was about two. When he finally caught up to me, he picked me up whizzed me around and devoured my neck. I was giggling the whole time and our smiles looked loving and you could see how much we loved each other. I also watched us renew our vows in Hawaii. We stared into each other's eyes the whole time. Not once did we lose our gaze, we smiled at each other as Wyatt whispered in my ear and you could see me bite my bottom lip. I would love to remember what he whispered that day.

I have tried so hard to trigger my memories, but nothing works. I stood and washed my hair and then got out and dried wrapped the towel around me looked in the mirror. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, and something pops in my head about me dropping the towel. I opened my eyes only to be gazing at myself in the mirror. I dressed in clean clothes. I remembered that I kept clothes here. I did my hair sprayed perfume on and stepped out of the bathroom.

Wyatt was sitting behind his desk and his assistant was sitting in the chair in front of him. He looked over at me with a smile that I recognised.

"I know that look," His smile grows bigger. Why do I know that smile? Trivial things were slowly just coming back but I wanted to know why I know his smile.

"What look?" He's acting all innocent. I rub my temples close my eyes when I open them again Wyatt was walking towards me.

"Did you remember something?" He asks and takes my hands. Wow, a whole shock wave went through my body. It felt like an electric shock. I looked at Wyatt with wide eyes.