Dylan O'Brien x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Where did Dylan go?" I ask looking around while taking a seat. "He left, he said he had to go." Tyler said, exaggerating the last part. "Oh..." Is all that left my lips while I wondered if it was because of me. Did I do something wrong.

A few minutes passed and the rest of our friends group showed up. I stayed at the party for an hour or two, enjoying the company of Tyler, Holland and everyone else.

After leaving the party I drove to Dylan's place. I lightly knocked on the front door after ringing the bell. It took a few seconds before the door opened, revealing Dylan who had changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a plain black shirt.

He didn't say anything, he just opened the door for me then made his way to the kitchen. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me before following him in to the kitchen.

"You left early." I said, lifting myself up and sitting down on his kitchen counter with my legs dangling from the edge. "Yeah." Dylan mumbles with his back towards me while putting back the plates he had in his hands.

Fumbling with my fingers I ask the question that had been on my mind the whole night after he left the party. "Dylan, are you mad at me?" Biting my lower lip nervously I wait for a reply.

Dylan turns around, looking at me with a frown he shakes his head, "No, are you? At me."

"No." I shake my head as well. "I just... I was a little confused that's all." I continue still referring to what happened earlier when that guy asked me for a dance.

"Right... Sorry about that." Dylan said, almost whispering the last two words. He turns back around as I mumble a 'It's okay' which I don't think he hears, I don't know.

Sitting there quietly on the kitchen counter, I watched him from behind as he reached for the upper shelf and put the clean and dry glasses back on its place.

Everything just felt, weird. Like he was being cold towards me, like he didn't want me there.

Jumping down from the counter and standing on my feet I said, "Do you want me to leave?"

"What? No."

"Are you sure? I can leave if you want."

"I'm sure, Y/N." He glances over at me with a smile. Finally a smile.

"Okay." I smile back at him, feeling the butterflies in my stomach.

It goes quite again for a few seconds, a few long seconds, while I just stand there in the exact same spot, leaning my back against the counter behind me. Dylan puts the last clean dish back on its place before he turns around, giving me the perfect view of his gorgeous face.

"Did you dance with him? Or anyone." He asks all of a sudden. With his gaze down on his shoes and his hands in his pockets. "No." I murmur. With a light chuckle I continue, "I was flattered that he asked me though, who thought somebody would ask me."

"Don't be silly, Y/N. You're beautiful." Dylan said with a sincere smile.

"You think so?" I ask, wanting to know what he thinks and he only.

His eyes travels to the counter behind me, I follow his gaze, he had missed a plate. He made his way to where I was standing, picked up the plate and walked back. "Yeah." He replies with his back towards me as he puts the plate on its spot on the shelf.

As he turns around to face me he goes on. "I do. You're gorgeous, Y/N. And smart and fun-" Without thinking I cut him off with my lips crashing onto his. My hands moves to his chest and his finds their way to my waist. I kiss his lips with my eyes shut and slowly pull away as I carefully open my eyes to see his reaction.

Dylan just looks at me speechless and I can feel my heart sink. Pulling away from him I turn around. "I should go." I said, my voice coming out stronger than I thought it would while feeling so embarrassed and stupid.

Next thing I know, Dylan grabs me by my wrist and spins me back around and presses his lips against mine, resting one hand on my cheek. It took me a second to realize what just happened but when I did, I was quick to kiss him back, our lips moving perfectly together.

I leaned against the counter behind me, my hands moving up to his chest and his hands remaining on their place as we kissed.

The kiss was full of passion and felt like something that we both had waited for, for so long to happen. Moving his tongue gently against my lips he parts them before slipping it inside and meeting my tongue halfway. He moves his hand from my cheek down to my waist, now both his hands resting on each side.

Dylan easily picks me up and I wrap my arms around his neck, he puts me down on the counter, standing in between my legs, never once breaking the kiss. The lack of air hits us eventually as we breakaway from the kiss, his lips still hovering over mine and his hands still on my waist.

"I've been wanting to do this for so long..." He murmurs against my lips and I open my eyes to look at the boy in front of me. "You have?" I ask surprised.

Resting his forehead against mine he nods, "I really like you, Y/N. A lot."

I could feel my whole heart warm up to those words, it felt like a fairytale. He likes me! He actually likes me! Feeling like the luckiest girl in the world I connect our lips once more, giving him a short kiss. "What took you so long, O'Brien." I whispered with my eyes shut.

I could feel his lips curl up to a smile as he kissed me lightly.

"I really like you too, Dylan. A lot."

Credit: honeystilinski.tumblr.com