A Shot to Remember(Edward Nygma One-Shot)

This is a request I got from Quotev by https://www.quotev.com/zeldafanisbadatlife

Edward Nygma wasn't everyone's cup of tea. He was annoying and clingy and strange. And the RIDDLES! To be honest, the only person that really liked him was Evelyn Hart. She was very aggressive, she stood out from the rest. That's probably why they were drawn to each other. They kept each other insane. They killed for each other.

It was bound to happen. Evelyn was an assassin. Edward was a forensic scientist with the Gotham Police Department. Anyone that she killed, ended up in Edward's hands.

He knew both everything and nothing about her. He knew who she hated, he knew how she killed, and so much more. But who was she? He got so close with her, that he felt affection for her. He needed to find her. Not only for his job, but to help him sleep at night.

And Edward did find her, without even trying. One of Evelyn's victims managed to make it out alive. Barely, but it wasn't good enough for Evelyn. She needed them dead.

Even though the victim wasn't dead, Edward still had to investigate them, analyse their wounds and maybe even have a part in interviewing them. He was in the middle of his research when he was interrupted. A woman with long black hair and glasses walked in, her high heels clicking on the floor. "You're not supposed to be in here." Edward managed to say through his shock. She just smiled and nodded, walking closer to him. "Who are you?" Edward asked.

She told him that she was the sister of the victim, and Edward believed her. When she was face to face with the victim, she pulled out a gun and shot him twice. Once in the head, and once in the heart.

Edward didn't know whether to be excited or scared. "Who are you?" He asked again.

This time she told the truth. "I'm Evelyn Hart."

Edward let her walk, hoping that someday they would meet again. Someday, they wouldn't be on separate sides.