Don't leave me (Scarecrow/Dr. Jonathan Crane One-Shot)

You sat on your bed, in your small room in Arkham Asylum. The window was open. As always, you were thinking of him.

You weren't like the other patients in the asylum. Your case was different. Years ago, you were living with your sibling and their spouse. You loved your sibling, and you knew that they just wanted the best for you. Their spouse, on the other hand, just wanted you out. And that is what brought you to Arkham.

Don't get me wrong, you weren't 100% mental-illness-free. But you were nowhere near as severe as the other patients. And yet, you were still there today. Most of the doctors didn't believe that you should be there, and treated you that way. They had no sympathy, except for one.

Dr. Jonathan Crane. He took your case seriously, treated all his patients the same. When he did his "experiments" on you, you saw a different person. A person who didn't care about you, a person that would break your heart. You were scared that he would get killed, and you would be left alone with a replacement. It absolutely petrified you. But you didn't let him know this. If he asked, you would use one of the generic answers, like, 'the dark' or an animal, like 'crows'. Maybe if you told him the truth, things would have worked out differently.

The day Dr. Crane was fired, he didn't even tell you. Didn't even visit you for a last time. You had to find out from one of the other doctors why he wasn't visiting you anymore. Your condition worsened that day, and every day since.

You closed your window, and sat back down. You heard a banging on your door. That's odd, usually they just come in. The banging stopped, and there was a thud in the hallway. You stood up, and put your ear to the door. You heard footsteps, walking away. You opened the door as silently as you could. At your feet lay one of the head doctors. Blood stained the outside of your door. There they were, you could catch up. You tried to follow them quickly and soundlessly.

That didn't work. Before you knew it, you had a tickle in your nose. You stood still, and tried to hold your breath. "PtchU!" The figure you were following, turned around. Your heart stopped. The face of your dreams and nightmares, stared right at you. You felt tears roll down your cheeks. He put a finger to his lips, and smirked. You stepped towards him. "You-" You said breathlessly. "You left. No goodbye, no final treatment. You know, my case actually worsened." He pulled on his mask. "You left me to be dealt with by the mediocre doctors, who just don't care." He used his fear toxin. It had no effect on you. He was shocked, but it didn't show under his mask. "You-" You choked on your tears, and fell to the floor. You could barely breathe. He looked at you, then ran down the hall.

Several doctors ran after him. They took no notice of you. He couldn't be caught, you knew that better than anyone else. You had lost track of how long you had been lying in the hall. "Excuse me, Miss. Do you know what the time is?" You turned your head away from the voice. "Please. I feel as if I'm too late." You glanced at your watch. You had been there for three hours! You faced the man. "It's-" Your throat cut off the words. "J-Jonathan?" He nodded.