Unstable(Korath One-Shot)

This was a request I got from Quotev by https://www.quotev.com/StarforceSniper

Mariana was summoned to visit the Supreme Intelligence. She always felt uneasy around them but tried not to let it show. The Supreme Intelligence always appeared as the person most important to you. To Mariana, that was Korath. Nobody knew of her feelings and she tried to keep it that way. She was a Kree, trained to control her emotions, and she did. Her brown eyes fixed onto 'Korath' as he told her that she was unstable. Mariana's face was stony as she thanked the Supreme Intelligence and left.

The Kree had a new mission: to retrieve an undercover operative. Mariana hoped that this new task would take her mind off of what the Supreme Intelligence said. Unsable!? What on earth did they mean by unstable? The Kree were always bossed around by Yon-Rogg. Vers always diobeyed those orders. That's how it went every single time.

The Kree split up with Yon-Rogg keeping an eye on Vers and Mariana and Korath going in the other direction. As soon as Yon-Rogg realised it was a trap, it was too late. Vers had already gone on her own path. It was a Skrull ambush. But this time, Mariana went after her, killing any Skrull in her way. She even shot the one that Vers missed. Mariana blew the light brown hair out of her face before speaking "Go home, Vers. We don't always need to win." They turned around, having found out that the undercover operative was dead already.

In that moment, Mariana was shot in the chest. Vers killed the guilty Skrull, but it was too late. Mariana was already bleeding heavily. Yon-Rogg and Korath found them. As Yon-Rogg and Vers made it back to the ship, Korath helped Mariana. "Not the best way to die is it?" Mariana chuckled.

Korath knelt down next to her. "You're not going to die." He picked her up carefully so as not to hurt her, but she still winced in pain. "Why do you always have to be the tough guy?" Korath asked her. She just looked at him and gave a small smile before shutting her eyes.

Mariana woke up, trying to adjust to the bright lights of her surroundings. She tried to sit up, but the agony in her chest made her stop. She brought a hand to her bandaged, bloody chest. Unstable. If only she had listened, if she weren't so stubborn. She looked around and saw a sleeping Korath in a chair beside her. He woke with a start at hearing her stirring. "Hello sleeping beauty. How are you feeling? Is there anything you need? Nurse! Change her bandages!" Mariana put her hand on Korath's to shut him up. "I'm fine." He gave her an inquisitive look, and she nodded, trying to convince him. "The others are on another mission, but they send their wishes for you to get well soon." Mariana tried to sit up again, wanting to join the others. "No, no, no. You are not going anywhere. Doctors orders."

Mariana pouted "You should have gone for me, how are they going to achieve anything?" Korath shook his head. "I'm staying here as long as you are." He kissed her forehead. "I'm staying right here."

This was a different one for me as it wasn't X Reader. Feel free to request in any of my One-Shot books.
VioletAdler0224