Chapter 33 - Hermione

The sight of Draco's vacant room left Hermione speechless.

His tousled sheets and sweat-stained pillow all that remained in the bed.

She never should have left him. Least not with Blaise and Nott. Draco had been in no state to be moved, Tati had told her as much.

"Homenum Revelio."

Nothing.

Frustrated and panicked, Hermione tore the invisibility cloak off and began searching the room for a clue. Patting the sheets, searching under the bed, and slamming the closet doors open. But there was nothing. No note or sign of struggle.

Conjuring a memory from this morning—Draco's easy smile as he chased her up the docks—she summoned her Patronus. The wispy otter playfully danced around her, its happiness momentarily lifting the burden in her chest.

Draco has been moved. I need to know if he is with you.

Dutifully, the merry otter flicked his tail and sped off through the door. Hermione ran her hands through her hair, spinning around the room in search of anything she might have overlooked. Where the hell was Blaise and Theo? Distracted, she nearly stepped on her bandy-legged cat.

"Oh, Crookshanks!"

The cat mewed loudly and jumped into her arms. He stared into her eyes, his dark pupils stretching into dimes.

"Do you know what happened?" Hermione asked the cat.

Crookshanks gave a mew before leaping out of her arms and towards the door. Pausing for a moment as if he wanted her to follow. Shoving the invisibility cloak into her beaded bag, Hermione took a few steps towards the door, and the cat scurried out. She followed him, feeling a bit silly chasing her cat, but if she'd learned one thing it was that Crookshanks knew the measure of certain people. He ran directly to Theo and Blaise as they were opening the door to the Potions Common Room.

"Where have you two been?" Hermione crossed her arms as she watched Crookshanks weave in and out of Blaise's feet.

Nott, grinning wider than Hermione had ever seen, stepped aside to reveal a very large floating body.

"We've been out snatching up this Beast. Thought he'd be hard to find, but he was roaming around the Potion's docks like a bloody idiot."

Hermione drew in a sharp breath. Yenner's bloodied frame was held in a body bind jinx, his eyes wide and feral. The two Slytherins looked like a pair of cats presenting a dead mouse clutched in their teeth.

"What is going on? Why did you apprehend him? You know what, never mind. Why did you leave Draco? He's missing."

"What!" Nott exclaimed. "We left him with Halvard. The bloke seemed fine with watching him."

Nott's face twisted into a snarl and he snapped his wand back at Yenner, releasing him from the body bind and dropping him onto the floor.

"You little bastard." Nott put his foot on Yenner's face, shoving it into the stone floor. His wand held precariously close to his forehead.

"Theo!" Hermione shouted. "What are you doing?"

Blaise took a step forward. "Yeah. Chill out, dude."

"There is something going on here."

Nott's eyes narrowed, his wand touching the tip of Yenner's temple. "I can't see where Draco is. Or maybe Yenner doesn't know. Either way, this bloke is working with Halvard. They planned the whole Bludger attack. He was out looking for you, Granger."