Chapter 15 - Draco

"Screw you, Malfoy," Anders spat in Draco's face. "You and that Mudblood whore you've kept as a pet." 

"You're a disgusting piece of Wizarding trash. At least I don't have to scare women into getting laid. Pureblood, my ass!"

Professor Neeper was sitting behind his desk, tapping his fingers impatiently. "Alright gentlemen, I think you have both said your piece."

Blood was dripping down his forehead, and every minute or so he had to wipe it on his shoulder to keep it from leaking into his eyes. His collar was soaking wet even though Neeper had put a smoking potion on the wound to staunch the worst of it. 

Anders had a splatter of cuts on his face, one eye swollen shut. Sitting side by side in tall backed wooden chairs, the pair had been immobilized from the neck down during Neeper's interrogation. 

"Mr. Malfoy, you stand accused of interrupting a duel between Miss Granger and Mr. Anders."

"He was going to kill her," Draco shouted. "She couldn't breathe!"

"Cutting off her airway stopped her from talking. No more spells. I win." Anders looked triumphant under his bloody, tangled curls.

Draco laughed. "If you think Granger couldn't hit you with nonverbal spells, you're a bigger idiot than I thought."

"Enough!" Neeper stood. "I think I've heard enough to make a verdict. Mr. Anders, fifteen minutes for bad form." 

This must have meant something to Anders because he lost all color. His giant head and floppy curls shaking back and forth.

"Sir, no. No, no. Sir, I'm sorry, it was bad form. You're right. I shouldn't have tightened her binds like that. I made a mistake. I will apologize to--what's her name, Hermy? The Hogwarts girl."

Neeper raised a hand to silence him. Draco swallowed hard; whatever fifteen minutes meant must be horrific if it turned Anders into a sobbing puddle.

"My decision is final."

Big, fat tears leaked down Ander's face. Streaming freely from his good eye and oozed from the swollen one. It was wicked awkward watching a grown man blubbering like a baby.  Neeper continued over Anders sobs. "Mr. Malfoy, as this is your first infraction of the Rules, you will get ten minutes."

Draco remained expressionless, not sure of the appropriate reaction. He certainly wasn't going to start weeping like Anders or beg for mercy. Those days were long gone. Neeper wasn't a quarter as intimidating as the Dark Lord. 

Whatever ten minutes meant, he would take it. He deserved ten minutes of Neeper's worst for all the things he had done, and for everything he should have done. He saved Hermione this time, and he'd do it all over again if given a chance.

Neeper snapped his fingers and the room became dark except for the blood-red glow emanating from the desk. It was a garish, unnatural light that hung defiantly in the air. Neeper was grinning a wicked, toothy smile that seemed to stretch from ear to ear. The carmine illumination of the desk cast deep shadows on his face and made his features look nightmarish.

Draco felt something slither up his legs and wrap around his arms. Beside him, Anders screamed, "NO, PLEASE!" Before falling silent. 

Draco looked down and saw the vines of the desk tightening around his ankles. The same grotesque tendrils clamped down on his wrists. White, hot pain seared the skin of Draco's exposed flesh like lightning had just struck his core. Images tore through his mind, unbidden and unwelcome. 

The Dark Lord's rough tongue on the side of his shaking face. His sharp teeth scraping towards his ear. "Draco, dear Draco, it's time!" His voice was cold and full of perverse pleasure.