Chapter 24 - Hermione

Surrounded on all sides by familiar faces, Hermione breathed in love and friendship from each one of them. Hogwarts had sent her a few true allies, and she was grateful.

Fond memories surfaced of time spent within the Room of Requirement with these former members of Dumbledore's Army. 

"So, what houses did you all get sorted into?"

"Sorted? I wouldn't call it sorting. We were just given this piece of parchment and directed in here." Dean held his school schedule with 'Dueler' handwritten at the top.

"None of you had to touch the desk in Neeper's office?" Hermione asked.

"No. Professor Neeper just passed out these schedules and left us to it." Hannah was staring down at her schedule, smiling. "I guess I'm in Healers! It sounds brilliant."

"Dean, it looks like you and I are in Dueler together." Ernie Macmillan pulled out his wand and jumped into a classical stance, Dean laughing next to him.

Hermione reflexively swatted his hand down. "Be careful about pointing your wand around here. They have absolutely mad rules around dueling."

Pocketing his wand, Ernie regarded her carefully before turning back to Dean.

Anthony Goldstein and Michael Corner were comparing schedules, the fellow Ravenclaws had both been put into Beast.

"Wicked! Same house!" Michael shoved Anthony on the shoulder before the two exchanged high-fives.

"Beast? That sounds wicked!" Anthony had a broad grin as he studied his schedule.

"Didn't any of you get assigned to Potion Masters?" They all looked back down at their schedules and shook their heads. Hermione looked too, but not one of her friends and former DA members had been put Potions with her. Disappointed, she still smiled back at them. Their excitement was palpable even in the dim light of the Great Hall.

Hermione glanced at the other Hogwarts students, the ones who hadn't piled on her with happy smiles. Theo Nott and Blaise Zabini sat at the end of the Seventh year table, looking over their schedules and talking in hushed voices. One or both of them would likely be in Potions.

How had those two had been selected to attend Durmstrang?

Seemed like a miss in quality control. She wondered what Draco would make of their presence here, especially if they were in the Potions dorms. Draco hadn't come down for dinner yet, Hermione knew he was avoiding a reunion with the other Hogwarts students.

Halvard had walked over to the scrum and put his arm around Hermione's shoulders, leaning his heavy frame against hers. "Durmstrang is being overrun with Hogwarts kids! Any Potions in the bunch, Hermione?"

"No, this lot are all in other houses. I haven't asked those two down at the end yet." She inclined her head towards Nott and Zabini. "Everyone, this is Gunnar Halvard."

"Just Halvard."

"Right, and he is the Potion Master House Prefect."

"In the flesh! I see Tati just walked in, are there any Healers?"

"Me," Hannah Abbott squeaked out, looking a little nervous that she was the only one.

"TATI! Over here! You have a Hogwarts student to sort out." Halvard waved her down with his wide hand and Tati swooped up Hannah and whisked her down towards another group of students. Hannah looked nervously over her shoulder back at Ernie, but he gave her an encouraging thumbs up.

Aurora Zabini had floated over to the group of Hogwarts students, and fluttered her arms around Anthony and Michael. Their faces burned deep red with embarrassment as she planted une bise on them in turn.