Chapter 28 - Hermione

"Draco, are you awake?" He pushed his face into the pillow.

"No."

"We need to get up. Swim call."

"Fuck swim call."

She crawled on top of his back and kissed the nape of his neck, gliding her hands in-between his stomach and the tussled sheets.

"You think that's going to make me want to get out of bed? Keep it up and we definitely won't make swim call."

Giggling, she jumped off of him and changed into her bathing suit, as he rolled sleepily out of bed.

"Draco, I was thinking." She bit on the side of her knuckle.

"Ut oh..." He tied the top of his swimming shorts.

"Ha. Ha. I think after breakfast mess duty, I'm going to go see Aurora. I want to talk to her."

"Okay, I'll come with you." He opened the door of his room and waited for her at the frame.

"I think it is something I should do alone." She met him at the door, and he shook his head at her.

"No, Hermione. I don't want you wandering around this place alone. If something happened."

"Draco, I'm fine. I've survived a lot worse." She dismissed his concern off-handedly. "I can handle myself between here and the Healer dorms."

He looked hard at her, she knew he was forming an assault on her argument.

"Fine." The word escaped like it was painful. "Just make sure you carry the galleon, okay?"

"Of course, I always do." She kissed him and they walked down to the docks, freezing in the early morning air.

After breakfast, Hermione trudged through the Durmstrang grounds and up to the massive greenhouse. Glass windows were cross-hashed by steel framing, and heavy snow piled high along the northern side of the building. Having to melt a path through the waist deep snow, she wondered how the Healers entered the greenhouse.

The front door had been covered in a powdery snow drift and the door knob was completely obstructed. It took her five minutes to melt enough snow to allow her access to the thick, glass door. Knocking loudly, Hermione was greeted by a surprised looking face from within, and waves of heat made her chilly face tingle as the door swung open.

"Can I help you?" A quiet voice issued from a small, red haired girl. She looked at Hermione inquisitively.

"Yes, I'm here to see Aurora Zabini. I heard she was here from her brother."

"Um, let me talk to Tati." The girl closed the door sharply in Hermione's face, leaving her to stand on the freezing walkway that was steadily filling back in with snow. Shivering even through her warming charm, she shoved her gloved hands into her jacket pockets and waited for Tati's response.

When the glass door opened, the red haired girl motioned for Hermione to come in. The vast greenhouse was lush and swimming with potted plants hung from every possible location. The smell of peat and manure clung in the air, making each breath thick with earthy rot.

Her snowy outer garments immediately turned into a soggy, clinging mass, and she had to use a drying charm to avoid an embarrassing puddle.

Passing through the working greenhouse and mudroom, the two finally reached a comfortable-looking common room. Leather chairs in mismatched earth tones sat clustered together in pairs. Seven fireplaces were situated along the curved wall of the warm room, two burning with crackling fires. A burst of green flames came roaring out of the nearest fireplace, and Hermione jumped back a foot as a sooty wizard came flying out.