"I failed to succeed making Karasuno fly last year... We still lacked some players. I hope that the first-years will fill in the holes in our wings and we will finally set off again. I can promise you that Karasuno will fly again."

A sigh comes from the other side. The male smiles as he too, holds the phone close to his ear.

" That's what I've heard last time too. Remember, being a popular member of the ESWP brings you a lot of attention. Many know about your trauma as well. I was approached by a girl and told that she can't wait to play you. Take it easy for a while, will you? We don't want anything bad to happen to that leg of yours."

" Aye, aye, captain! " she salutes the air, making the students who saw the gesture laugh.

" Well then, I gotta go. Have fun. And don't push yourself too hard. "

" Sports or studies? " This earns a loud laugh from her brother, who feels like he will faint from the lack of air any second now.

"S-Studies?! Pfft...you s-studying."

"That's just plain mean." Mei pouts yet knows god damn well that she's not one of those smart kids. Well, she is, but at the same time she isn't. She has to study a lot to achieve something. And by a lot, I mean a lot. And everybody knows she ain't got time for that. Volleyball's the only thing that matters to her.

"Oh, snap, gotta go, sis. Have fun!"

"Yeah, you too! Take care, Tenma-nii!"

As soon as the call ends, Mei can't help but yawn for she barely spent this night. She and the other two second years from the volleyball team, ended up groupchating almost all night...until Tanaka's snores filled the chat and it was unable for Mei and Noya to communicate...

Too bad that the energetic shorty can't really come to school at the moment... Or as Mei likes to call it "the shorty got lucky and got some extra days to rest."

Soon, before Mei can even enter her own classroom, other students started surrounding her. Mei was popular in the school. She even had a fan club that was mostly attracted to her because of her looks. Well, people were attracted to her like magnets. It's mostly because of her cheerful and kind personality. Everyone loves her.

Everyone saw her as the happy girl with no worries... but little did they know, she carried a heavy package on her shoulders and tries to hide it away from everyone.

When the school bell rings, the students find themselves running to their classrooms and Mei is left alone. Her smile falls, turning into a straight face. She walks towards her own classroom confidently.

That's the thing... Lately, well, after the accident with her leg, she has a lot of time on her shoulders. That's why, she made sure to study a lot. She even got into the advanced class. 2-4. Despite her father not being around, she studied mostly to make him proud.

The girl opens the doors to her classroom and takes a seat.

She didn't know anyone inside the classroom.

"Welcome class. This is your second year and I am your new homeroom teacher, Tachibana Akane. Let's get along, shall we?"