Nine

H E  I S  R E A L?

'By 2010, we will have flying vehicles, robots and Aliens will live among us. Yes, you heard that right, Aliens will live among us-" I turned off the radio as my dad raised an eyebrow.

"It's 1960 dad. What's gonna change in the next 60 years?" I asked crossing my hands together.

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today" my mom joked as she served dad a cup of tea.

"Are you taking the meds regularly, honey?" dad said.

"Yes, I am going to school today. I stopped having those nightmares." I lied with a smile on my face.

I still have nightmares about him. But I don't want to make myself crazier in front of my parents. I want to be normal. It's been 19 days since I stopped going to school. I can care less about Shawn and his gang. I just want my normal life back.

"Alright, see you at night," I said as I walked out of the house.

I started walking to the school. But it's taking much more time to reach school than normal. I looked at my old watch and it's stuck at 2.59 am. I gasped in shock. This can't be real. It's just a delusion. I checked the clock before waking out of the house. It was 7.30 am. I took a calm breath and again started to walk. But something is wrong. No matter how much I walk, I end up in the same spot. No, it's an illusion. Nia, it's not real. I took out a marker from my backpack and marked a tree. If it's real then the mark will be here. I again started to walk. But this time a little faster. After walking for half an hour, I reached the same spot. I looked at the tree and it has the mark. Nia, your mind is messing with you.

"Nia"

A voice said from behind. I turn around to meet with loneliness. I checked the watch again, it was 3 am. Only a minute has passed? Then it hit me. It's the 'Devil's hour'. I have read it somewhere.

Jesus was killed at 3 pm making it the holiest time of the day and 3 am in the exact opposite on the clock, the exact opposite spiritually. It is believed that
demons and devils are mostly active at this time.

'Nia'

The voice again said.

"Fuck you, the devil. Fuck your mom and fuck your family" I screamed before running in the direction of my house.

Suddenly I fell to my knees. What's happening? I could feel the cold sweat on my forehead.

"I don't have a family," The voice said.

Shit, he can hear me. He is real. But where the fuck is he? No, he is not real. Nia, you're ill. You're in a state of delusion.

Suddenly I saw something I shouldn't see. I saw him. At first, he was just a black tall shadow. Then he turned human. His orbs are no longer empty pale grey but a light sade of gold. He looked almost like an angel but I knew he wasn't an Angel. A smile formed his lips as a shiver went down my spine.

"Wh-why are you after me?" I asked.

"You are the one who summoned me" His voice was so dark. I can feel my knees getting weaker.

"Are you a guardian angel?"

His orbs turned the shade of pale grey. His orbs suddenly looked so empty, souless and full of evil yet he looked so pure. His expressionless face made me want to crawl in a ball and never face him again

He laughed at me as if I am telling him a joke.

"What are you?" I whispered.

"Your worst nightmare" He whispered.

My face turned cold. He is going to kill me or worse, possess me. What did I get myself into? What if he harms my family?

"I am the evil creature that you summoned to protect yourself. You shouldn't have done that, Nia. If anything you should be afraid of, it's me. I will shallow you whole"

♡ Please vote and follow ♡

Please vote and follow