Eleven

G H O S T A N D S P I R I T

I sat up to see him standing by the window, holding that damn cursed book in his left hand reading it attentively.

"Why are you holding that book? Give it back" I whispered

"You want it back?" He asked finally looking at me.

His eyes were pitch black. I nodded my head nervously

"Oops, Sorry," He said as my eyes widen in shock.

He turned the book into ashes.

"How?" I whispered.

"Magic," He said with a smile.

"I am capable of doing more than that, Nia. It's better if you give up your stupid plan and accept your fate" He said.

"How do you know?" I whispered.

"I know everything, Nia. I know everything "

"I know everything, Nia. I know everything " He whispered.

There was a moment of silence between us. What have I done? I messed with black magic and facing the consequences. That's why the elders often say, it's better to leave the unknown alone.

"I also know that you have another stupid book in your bag. You're a fool if you think you can get rid of me with that one" He said rolling his eyes before laying in my bed beside me.

"Can I ask you something?" His eyes were closed. He looked so peaceful. He was taking slow breaths almost like a human.

"Umm-hmm" He hummed.

"What's your name? Since I am stuck with you, I should at least know your name" I whispered.

"I don't have a name," He said as he stopped breathing.

"How did you appear into this world? Are you a ghost or a spirit?" I asked.

"What's the difference between ghosts and spirits, Nia?" He asked.

"Ghost are evil souls that don't have a place in heaven or-" He cut me off.

"You're wrong, Nia. Ghosts are similar to psychotic human beings incapable of reasoning for themselves. The ghosts are tied to the location of their death, usually a sudden or tragic one. Most of them don't even realise that they're dead. In most cases, they have some 'unfinished business' as the deceased person doesn't accept how they died. The unfinished business can take the form of dark energy when a person's death is extremely violent and unexpected" He said as he opened his eyes.

His orbs turned the shade of pale blue. They look so beautiful yet so scary. Pitch black, pale grey, lightly golden and now pale blue. I have learned that whenever his eye colour changes, his mood also changes. Pitch black is when he is in his normal self. Pale grey is when he is angry. Light golden orbs when he is kind to me and what about the place blue one? What emotion is going on?

"Wh-what about spirits?" I asked.

"Spirits, on the other hand, are not tied to one place. Spirits are discarnate entities. Spirits can move from one dimension to another and they can return to the humans on their free will. Often it's a genuine, emotional tie to a loved one, such as wanting a family member to know that a deceased person is alright" He said.

"That means you're none of them," I said in awe.

"You're smarter than I thought, Nia." He said.

"Will you go on a date with Shawn Gill if he asked you out?" He asked with curiosity filled eyes.